Duration 18 Months
Application Close Date 30 Jun 2014
Program Australian Volunteers for International Development
Australian Partner Organisation Position Description
Organisational Development & Advocacy Trainer – Disability
- Use your partnership skills to initiate networking and raise awareness of the rights and issues facing blind and visually impaired people in Timor-Leste
- Help empower and motivate visually impaired women and children in Timor-Leste
Halibur Deficiente Matan Timor-Leste (Association of Blind and Partially Blind People of Timor-Leste) was established in July 2011 by three founding members who are also totally blind individuals.
Since 2011, HDMTL has established a small training program for adults in braille literacy and life skills (including the use of mobility devices) to establish competency in the provision of rehabilitative support for blind and visioned impaired community in Timor-Leste.
- Demonstrated experience in organisational development (including establishment and management of simple administration and management systems suitable for a small organisation)
- Experience in disability advocacy
- Strong training and mentoring skills
- Proven success working in disability sector or with disability organisations, especially with vision impaired and the blind
In addition to professional expertise, volunteers need skills in training and developing others, applied awareness and sensitivity to cross-cultural communication, patience, tolerance and flexibility. They manage with good humour the daily challenges of working with very limited resources.
ContactFor enquiries, please contact Max Campos on +61 3 9279 1752, or email email@example.com.
You must be available to attend a pre-departure briefing in Melbourne on 24-26 September 2014.
Important informationWe are only able to accept applications from Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents and New Zealand citizens resident in Australia.
Application instructionsThe first step is a written application. Application instructions in detail, including important background information and guidance, are provided in the Position Description – click on the link above to download.
Please ensure that you include your full name and the name of the position you are applying for in your statement addressing selection criteria.
Read detailed instructions about how to apply here.
Apply : http://www.australianvolunteers.com/10532697-organisational-development–advocacy-mentor–trainer—dis.aspx