Duration 24 Months
Application Close Date 30 Jun 2014
Program Australian Volunteers for International Development
Australian Partner Organisation Position Description
Organisational Development and Management Mentor – Community Development and Rural Livelihoods
- Use your management expertise to help an important advocacy organisation become self-sustainable
- Contribute to the social growth of Timor-Leste
The Bakhita Center is a community-based organisation that fosters coordination among the communities and serves as a source of advocacy for the needs of the communities.
It has evolved to include a comprehensive range of services for the community, such as comprehensive health care services including the primary ambulance service for the region, emergency relief services, vocational and language training, computer and telecommunication services, water and sanitation system development and community-based rural economic development programs.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrated general management experience in the development of new (start-up) organisations and existing organisations in transition
- Proven ability to communicate concepts and technical theory in an easily understood way
- Experience working in a developing country context
- Experience with design and development of operational, financial and planning management systems
- Experience in small commercial organisational structures including cooperatives
Personal attributes must include the ability to cope with cultural isolation, a willingness to learn the local language and a good understanding and appreciation of the local lifestyle.
In addition to professional expertise, volunteers need skills in training and developing others, applied awareness and sensitivity to cross-cultural communication, patience, tolerance and flexibility. They manage with good humour the daily challenges of working with very limited resources.
If you believe these attributes match your skillset and interest, apply now by following the steps on the attached assignment description.
ContactFor enquiries, please contact Max Campos on +61 3 9279 1752, or email email@example.com.
You must be available to attend a pre-departure briefing in Melbourne on 24-26 September 2014.
We are only able to accept applications from Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents and New Zealand citizens resident in Australia.
The first step is a written application. Application instructions in detail, including important background information and guidance, are provided in the Position Description – click on the link above to download.
Please ensure that you include your full name and the name of the position you are applying for in your statement addressing selection criteria.
Read detailed instructions about how to apply here.
Apply : http://www.australianvolunteers.com/10532591-organisational-development-and-management-mentor—community-development-and-rural-livelihoods.aspx