Position : HR Manager
Grade : A+
Salary : From $1,326 per month plus benefits
Duty Station : Dili
Report to : Country Director
Contract period : 1 year with possibility to extend
CARE is an international humanitarian organization, with a vision of empowering women and girls to fight poverty and bring lasting change to their communities. We work in over 80 countries around the world. We work with partners to achieve lasting results for marginalized communities.
People are CARE’s greatest assets. The Human Resource Manager plays a key role in the strategic and operational management of human resources at CARE International Timor Leste. As a member of the Senior Management Team, the HR Manager contributes to overall direction setting and management of the organization and its staffing needs. The HR Manager then designs, develops and reviews policies, processes and programs to support achievement of CARE’s HR goals, mainly in the areas of attraction, retention, performance management and development of staff. The main responsibilities of HR Manager will include:
- Oversee and coordinate transparent and effective recruitment and orientation
- Ensure effective CITL performance management processes including annual planning and performance appraisal (APPA)
- Manage and coordinate effective capacity building and training for CITL staff
- Ensure understanding and compliance with the CITL HR Policy Manual
- Oversee the development of appropriate HR policies for CITL
- Manage the HR team and lead the HR function across CITL including all field office locations
- Manage effective employment contracting processes
- Manage and monitor the administration of leave and payroll processes
- Ensure effective processes and systems for responding to grievance and disciplinary issues
- Maintain appropriate records for all CITL staff
- Establish and maintain a consultant register and policy
- Fulfill the role of a CITL Senior Management Team member in accordance with the SMT terms of reference
Required qualifications, skills and experience:
- A Degree in HR, Business Administration or other relevant tertiary qualification
- Ability to plan, manage and supervise the work of human resources staff
- 3 – 5 years senior level experience preferably in an international organization
- Knowledge of human resources management and staff development
- Have ability to lead, manage, train and mentor staff
- Excellent communication skills including oral and written in English and in Tetum
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to work in a complex professional environment
- Competence in using information technology including word-processing, spreadsheets and communications technology.
- Willingness to travel out of Dili when required.
In return of your commitment you will benefit from ongoing professional development fostered within an innovative and forward thinking environment, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply to this position, please email your submit the application letter and Curriculum Vitae with two references (Please DO NOT attached the other documents) to firstname.lastname@example.org OR to HR Unit, CARE International Timor-Leste, Bairo Pitte, Dili, OR by email before or by 08 October 2014. Only successful candidates will be contacted for the interview.
CARE is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
CARE International Timor-Leste is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas we work. CARE International Timor-Leste reserves the right to conduct screening procedures to ensure a child-safe environment.