Reports to: BESIK Communications Specialist for technical supervision
BESIK Operations Manager for administrative oversight
Works with: BESIK advisers and staff, GoTL personnel and DFAT personnel
Duration: Up to 30 June 2016 (end of current project contract, but likely to be extended)
Location: BESIK Program Office in Dili, Timor-Leste,
Under the direction of the BESIK Communications Specialist, the Communications Officer will:
· Assist in the coordination, content identification and provision of quality assurance for the production of the quarterly RWASH newsletter – a joint GoTL/BESIK product
· Collaborate with BESIK Communications Specialist and DGAS to develop communications products and systems
· Develop and test communications products and systems and provide feedback
· Liaise with DFAT and GoTL media personnel and local print and broadcast media to ensure appropriate coverage of RWASH events and support teams to produce newsworthy material
· Update the BESIK website monthly, utilising information and products from the various sub-teams, and relevant news in relation to RWASH activities
· Support basic training for BESIK staff and GoTL counterparts on appropriate documenting of stories, photography and other BESIK/GoTL RWASH interventions.
· Ensure that the BESIK graphical policy for documents and other products is properly applied by staff, that staff receive basic training in use of BESIK, DFAT and GoTL logos and markings, and that the BESIK brand and reputation is maintained
· A qualification in a relevant field
· Experience in communications, branding, newsletter production
· Ability to utilize electronic audio-visual equipment and relevant computer software
· Oral and written communication at Level 4 (Fluent) English and Tetum
· Experience in developing or applying communications platforms, including websites and Facebook pages
· Experience in networking and maintaining relationships across a range of program and community sectoral stakeholders
· Previous experience with key stakeholders in Timor-Leste media.
For a full version of the TOR and to submit applications please contact Aleixo.DaCruz@besiktimor.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Australian Aidmanaged by Aurecon on behalf of DFAT