The International Organization for Migration (IOM) in looking to hire an international consultant for the following purposes.
TERMS OF REFERENCE:
Counter-Trafficking Programme Manager
Dili, Timor Leste
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission, the Counter Trafficking Programme Manager will be responsible for the development, coordination and implementation of counter-trafficking activities, in particular drafting and implementing training curricula aimed at local law enforcement agencies and in coordination with other training providers in the country. In line with the mission restructuring process, he/she will also be responsible for supervising and supporting the efforts of the Programme Support Unit including project development, monitoring and evaluation, public information, external relations and reporting services. In particular he/she will:
- Assume primary responsibility for the effective implementation of all counter-trafficking activities, including all operational, financial and administrative aspects, and provide regular briefings on progress against objectives to the Chief of Mission and in particular drafting and implementing training curricula aimed at local law enforcement agencies
- Restructure and co-chair the Inter-Ministerial Trafficking Working Group (ITWG) and organize regular meetings
- Develop and direct results-based strategies, activities, and work plans in line with overall objectives of all counter-trafficking projects.
- Track all project expenditures to ensure that project objectives and budgeting requirements are met, that all funds are spent in accordance with IOM Standards and donor expectations.
- Prepare financial and narrative donor reports for all counter trafficking projects; and ensure counter trafficking programme visibility through preparation of situation reports, press releases, and local reports.
- Develop and maintain relationships with government authorities, national and international organizatins, NGOs, and UN agencies and promote IOM and its counter trafficking activities in Timor-Leste.
- Represent IOM at local, regional, and international forums that address counter-trafficking issues and promote IOM activities, expertise, and capacity related to counter-trafficking.
- Work closely with the Chief of Mission in seeking funding opportunities and donor liaison for IOM counter-trafficking projects.
- Maintain a close working relationship with donors so as to ensure the donors are aware of IOM Projects progress vis-à-vis indicators and any related challenges or changes in the project’s work plan.
- Provide leadership and technical support to project development, public information, reporting, monitoring and evaluation, as well as staff training and development in the performance of their functions; This will be done through including utilization of a mentoring and skills transfer approach to build capacities in project developing, implementation, monitoring, and reporting, in accordance with established IOM procedures and the mission’s strategic objectives.
- Identify and liaise with international organizations and partners to promote coordination and cooperation, and to raise the profile of IOM’s activities in the region.
- Identify potential donors, assess donor priorities for countries in the region, and identify potential funding opportunities.
- Perform other duties in his/her capabilities as may be assigned.
Education and Experience:
- a) University degree preferably in Political or Social Science, Business Administration, International Relations and/or Law; b) at least three years or more experience in Counter-Trafficking programmes; c) Work experience in liaising with government authorities, other international/national institutions, and NGOs; d) work experience in the country and in the region is an asset; e) experience in capacity-building, training design and implementation; f) previous experience working with relevant conventions and national legal instruments is an asset.
- a) Excellent project development, report writing and organizational skills; b) effective resource management skills; c) excellent communication and negotiation skills. d) personal commitment, drive for results, efficiency flexibility and respect for diversity; e) strong strategic and creative thinking; f) ability to lead a team effectively in order to achieve the desired goals g) ability to work effectively/harmoniously in a team and with colleagues from varied cultural and professional backgrounds; h) high level of computer literacy.
Fluency in English. Working knowledge of Tetum, Portuguese and/or Bahasa Indonesia an asset
CONTACT: Ms. Gina AMARAL (email@example.com)