Field Support Team Coordinator – PNDS
Job Reference Number
International Development Assistance/Emerging Markets
Australasia; Timor-Leste; Dili
Cardno Emerging Markets is seeking energetic and enthusiastic candidates to work as part of a team of highly skilled as part of the PNDS Support Program.
The Programa Nasional Dezenvolvimentu Suku (PNDS), or National Program for Village Development, is a new, nation-wide community development program of the Government of Timor-Leste. Launched in June 2012 and valued at $300 million over eight years from 2014, it will contribute to rural development by funding the ‘missing link’ to services – basic village infrastructure – and provide jobs and training. The Government will provide each village with an annual grant of around US$50,000 to plan, construct and manage their own small scale infrastructure projects.
- Coordinate the planning, implementation and reporting of FST field team activities.
- Support the Program Implementation Adviser to report issues arising from the field (systems, capacity, resources, and community opinions).
- Manage all administrative functions of the FST
The key responsibilities of the Field Support Team Coordinator are to:
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the field coordinators and their teams within the Field Support Team.
- Supervise and support the performance management of the FST Field Coordinators – Social Development.
- Supervise FST field staff work hours, compliance with policies, travel and per diem allowances.
- Work with the Senior Logistics Officer to coordinate and approve FST travel booking, per diem requests, acquittals and timesheets.
- Manage the collection, collation, quality and analysis of weekly FST reports.
- Work with the Program Implementation Adviser to ensure high quality feedback and monitoring results are provided to assist decision making by Secretariat management.
- Work with the Program Implementation Adviser to ensure timely lodgement of reports to secretariat management and the PNDS Support Program.
- Coordinate the monthly FST work planning including the scheduling of field trips (calendar) and integrated work plan with the PNDS Program Implementation team.
- Support field coordinators and advisers to plan upcoming travel based on findings / needs identified in previous month reports.
- Work with Program Implementation Adviser and other team members to develop the agenda and coordinate activities for biweekly meetings and monthly Dili week activities (including joint learning forums).
- Manage all documentation for FST related meetings (including taking minutes).
- Work under the guidance of the Program Implementation Adviser and the PNDS Chief of the Program Implementation Department to ensure strong and effective relationships are developed between FST and the PNDS Program Implementation team.
- Carry out other duties as required by the Program Implementation Adviser
To download a copy of the Terms of Reference, please click here.
A copy of the Terms of Reference, Selection Criteria, and remuneration package can be found by clicking on the link: Terms of Reference.
All applications must include a cover letter, responses against each of the selection criteria, CV/resume, and the details (name, phone, email) of three referees.
Applications may be submitted via email to email@example.com or in hard copy to the Cardno office (Estrada de Balide, Dili).
This position is for a fixed term to June 2016.
The PNDS Support Program offers a competitive salary in accordance with the programs Salary Framework. The program also offers benefits including:
- Communications allowance
- Medical benefit
- English education
- Annual salary review
- Friday afternoon social events
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference “PC41 – FST Coordinator” in the subject line.
Closing date: 5 December 2014, 5.00pm Dili time.
Late applications will not be considered.