Job Reference Number
International Development Assistance/Emerging Markets
Australasia; Timor-Leste; Dili
Cardno Emerging Markets is seeking energetic and enthusiastic candidates to work as part of a team of highly skilled as part of the PNDS Support Program.
The Programa Nasional Dezenvolvimentu Suku (PNDS), or National Program for Village Development, is a new, nation-wide community development program of the Government of Timor-Leste. Launched in June 2012 and valued at $300 million over eight years from 2014, it will contribute to rural development by funding the ‘missing link’ to services – basic village infrastructure – and provide jobs and training. The Government will provide each village with an annual grant of around US$50,000 to plan, construct and manage their own small scale infrastructure projects.
PNDS Secretariat within the Ministry of State Administration supports these bodies and is responsible for the implementation of PNDS.
The main objectives of the Training Development Adviser are to:
- Support the HR and Training Department to manage and coordinate the professional development needs of the PNDS Secretariat.
- Support the international Training Adviser to build the capacity of and support the HR and Training Department of the PNDS Secretariat to carry out its functions.
The key responsibilities of the Training Development Adviser are to:
- Work closely with the international Training Adviser advise and support the PNDS Secretariat HR and Training Department to:
- Design and implement systems to support and link the HR and training functions of the department
- Design, plan and conduct training needs analyses for the PNDS Secretariat
- Design, plan and coordinate training courses and programs to meet the professional development needs of the PNDS Secretariat
- Build networks with nationally accredited training providers
- Work with training providers to implement nationally accredited courses and units of competency wherever possible
- Coordinate and monitor performance and delivery of training services
- Design and implement tools to monitor and evaluate quality and relevance of training activities
- Coordinate and support on the job training, workplace assessment and recognition of prior learning (RPL) systems
- Formulate and prepare annual training plans and budgets based on training needs analyses
- Maintain and update the training database to record individual staff training records
- Ensure that training and training plans are gender sensitive and socially inclusive.
- Provide on-the-job training, coaching and mentoring for staff of the HR & Training Department.
- Support and progressively transfer responsibility to the PNDS HR and Training Department to perform training management functions.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with INDMO (National Labour Force Development Institute).
- Develop strong relationships with counterparts within the PNDS Secretariat.
- In all functions, proactively advise and assist in liaising with counterparts and external agencies to find solutions to problems and obstacles in order to produce results.
- Act as a role model for gender equality and social inclusion.
- Provide monthly reports on activities undertaken.
Applications may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in hard copy to the Cardno office (Estrada de Balide, Dili).
This position is for a fixed term to June 2016
The PNDS Support Program offers a competitive salary in accordance with the programs Salary Framework. The program also offers benefits including:
- Communications allowance
- Medical benefit
- English education
- Annual salary review
- Friday afternoon social events
Email email@example.com with the reference “PC30 – Training Development Adviser” in the subject line.
Closing date: 10 December 2014, 5.00pm Dili time.
Late applications will not be considered.
Cardno is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cardno encourages women to apply. Cardno recognizes the moral and legal responsibility to provide an equal opportunity workplace by ensuring that all recruitment and selection decisions are based on the best qualified and experienced candidate who can perform the genuine inherent requirements of the position.
Cardno is committed to Child Protection, Anti-bribery and Fraud prevention in the delivery of our International Development project and programs. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect this commitment and may include a relevant police or criminal record check.