Title : Driver Clerk (One position)
Projects : ILO Project in Timor Leste
Duty station : Dili, Timor Leste with extensive districts travel
Duration : 1 year with possibility for extension
Contract Type : FT (Fixed Term)
Starting Date : As soon as possible
Main Duties and Functions
The Driver will be based in Dili District and work with and under the supervision of the Chief Technical Adviser & Administrative and Finance Officer. The work may include driving to other districts of Timor Leste as advised by the supervisors.
Main Duty and Responsibilities:
- Drives project vehicle for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, document, and other items.
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, checks oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc., perform minor repairs and ensures that the vehicle is kept clean and in a good condition.
- Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc.
- Ensures that the steps required by the rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accident.
- Operates photocopy, facsimile and other office machines, and assists with newspaper clippings, document reproduction and other related tasks.
- Assist in banking and all other office errands.
- Performs other related tasks as required and assigned by the supervisor.
Knowledge and skills : Secondary education, hold a valid driving license (Class C) and clearance from Local Police Office and knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
Experience : Two years’ working experience as a driver plus safe driving record
Languages : Working Knowledge of English and good knowledge of local language
Salary according to UN Rates applicable in similar positions.
Applications must be submitted in a sealed envelope (marked on top “Application for the post of Driver Clerk” together with updated CV to:
ILO Office Caicoli, UN Obrigado Barrack
Deadline for submission of Applications: 31 December 2014.
(Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview)
For further information please contact Irene T. Vicente Da Cruz or Santina Belo (HP: +67077230442)