Title : Result Monitoring Research Consultant
Program : Local Governance
Unit : Timor-Leste Office
The Asia Foundation in Timor Leste (the Foundation) under its Local Governance Unit is currently implementing a 5-year regional UK-government funded Program Partnership Agreement (DFID – PPA), in particular under a component related to state-society relations. To understand and ensure the program intervention and strategy is effectively implemented, the Foundation is conducting an annual results monitoring of the program.
The objectives of the results monitoring are to: provide a critical and strong evidence base for the program intervention being implemented; to track the implementation and output systematically; and to measure the effectiveness of the program.
To achieve the above objectives the Foundation is seeking a competent and experienced research consultant to provide program result monitoring assistance to conduct field work, data analysis, in order to draft and a results monitoring report. The consultant will be working closely with the Foundation’s Local Governance Staff during the field work, transcript and reporting.
The consultant will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Review previous results monitoring reports for the program;
- Review the research methodology and questionnaires prepared by the Foundation in very
close coordination with the Foundation’s Local Governance Coordinator;
- Conduct field work research with support from local governance staff;
- Prepare the report outline in close consultation with the Foundation;
- Examine and analyze all transcript information with the support of local governance staff;
- Produce an analytical report based on the outline and transcript information in close consultation with the Foundation – final presentation of the findings to the team;
- Graduate degree (PhD preferred) in Governance, Law, Social Science or related field
- Minimum 5 years research experience including previous published works
- Experience in Timor-Leste, particularly in district-level qualitative research
- Tetun or Bahasa Indonesian language abilities
- Familiarity with Timor Leste Environment
- Familiarity with the Foundation will be considered a plus.
The consultant will have 20 days to complete the work starting from February 02 to 26 2015.
How to Apply:
Please submit your Resume or CV as well as an unedited writing sample to email@example.com or in hard copy delivered by hand to the Asia Foundation’s office at Rua Praia dos Coqueiros, Bairo Metin Rua, Dili, Timor-Leste before or on 24 December 2014 at 5PM. No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be considered.