OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
POSITION: Training Coordinator, FSN-6; FP-8
OPENING DATE: December 22, 2014
CLOSING DATE: January 5, 2015
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hrs/week
Not Ordinarily Resident (NOR): FP-8
Ordinarily Resident (OR): FSN-6
ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION
The U.S. Embassy in Dili is seeking for the position of Training Coordinator in its Security Office located at Rua Praia dos Coqueiros – Comoro, Dili, Timor-Leste.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION:
Incumbent serves as the Training Officer for the entire 93 person Personal Services Agreement (PSA) Local Guard Force (LGF). S/he will be responsible for training all new PSA guards in their initial instruction and also provide refresher courses throughout the year. Responsibilities will include educating guards on the methods employed for different scenarios that a member of the LGF may be confronted with and on US Embassy Dili’s standard operating procedures (SOP) for protecting USG facilities and their personnel. Training techniques will include real time practical exercises and class room instruction. In additional the incumbent will be required to supervise the LGF as manpower dictates. The incumbent is directly supervised by the Guard Commander.
NOTES: (1) All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
1) Completion of secondary school; 2) Two years experiences in the security field; 3) Level III English and Tetum (good working knowledge); 4) Have an in-depth understanding of the security environment as it pertains to the integrity of the security programs and modify this into training principles, understanding of potential indigenous threats contained in the host nation as well as an in depth understanding of host nation security;
5) Must have training knowledge on how to formulate class content, outlines, and maintaining an accurate filing system and must have proficient computer skills such as Microsoft Office; 6) Must possess a valid driver’s license and the ability to exercise initiative and resourcefulness in obtaining information and maintaining files.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3. Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
4. Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
5. Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
6. The candidate must be able to obtain and hold a security clearance.
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of the application:
1. Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174); or
2. A current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information found on the UAE (see Appendix B); or
3. A combination of both; i.e. Sections 1 -24 of the UAE along with a listing of the applicant’s work experience attached as a separate sheet; plus
4. Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional U.S. Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
5. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: January 5, 2015
The U.S. Mission in Dili, Timor-Leste provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.
The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.