Consultant for Conflict Resolution to Women district Suco Councils
The Asia Foundation is currently implementing a program to support women’s leadership at the local level. The program, Strengthening Local Governance in Timor-Leste to Better Address Women’s Needs (Women’s Local Governance Program), is funded by the Norwegian Government and runs from 2012 to November 2015.
This program aims to support women leaders at the suco (village) level in building their capacity as local leaders, as well as assisting the suco council to be responsive to women’s development needs in the suco. Through this program, The Asia Foundation is focusing on the women occupying reserved seats on the suco council (two women’s representatives, and one young woman on every suco council), raising their profile on the suco council and with community members, and assisting them in exercising their role as representing women in their suku. Through this focus, the Foundation also aims to encourage suku councils to lobby government and other institutions to pay attention to women’s issues.
The program’s objectives are to:
– Increase women’s leadership in local governance or suco councils, and
– Increase local government accountability and capacity to address women’s priority issues.
The program outcomes therefore relate to both the women representatives on village councils and to the performance of local councils in addressing women’s priority needs and include:
- Women suco representatives will have increased capacity and confidence to to be effective leaders;
- Suco council representatives (male and female) will be more accountable for their performance in addressing women’s needs;
- Suco councils will be more responsive to women’s priority issues; and
- Women suco representatives will have greater influence on district level priorities.
The Foundation has conducted an assessment of Local Governance Performance in six districts. The assessment identified that Problem solving training to women in suku councils was desirable.
Therefore, we are seeking a short term consultant to conduct “Pratical skills training to women representatives on simple problem solving techniques” in order to enable them to effectively engage as women representatives. This training will be conducted in four target districts including Ainaro, Baucau, Bobonaro and Oe-Cusse district.
Specific Responsibility of the consultant
- Working closely with the Program Manager to Design the training guide;
- Working closely with District Coordinator’s in preparing the training agenda;
- Delivering training to Women Representative of Suku councils in the four target districts of Ainaro, Baucau, Bobonaro and Oe-Cusse (January 2015 – March 2015 );
- Prepare the Implementation of Activity report once the training to all four districts has been completed.
|Description||Location||Number of days|
|Prepare a training guide and handout||Dili||3|
|Deliver training to Women Representatives||Ainaro district||4|
|Deliver training to Women Representatives||Baucau||12|
|Deliver training to Women Representatives||Bobonaro||10|
|Deliver training to Women Representatives||Oe-Cusse||4|
|Debriefing and Writing a completion report on the implemenation of the training||Dili/Office work||2|
Provide a report on basic Basic Problem Solving training to xefe sukus, including, comments, suggestions and recommendations for future implementation of such training.
The consultant will be supervised by Program Manager for the Women Local Governance.
Duration of the work
The work will be conducted through the period from January 18, 2015 – March 31, 2015.
For Interested applications, please email your applications with up-to date CV to Dian Wahyu Saputri, email@example.com before or on the 12th January 2015 at 5PM.