The Australia Awards Timor-Leste (AATL) manages the Australia Government’s scholarship programs in Timor-Leste, including Australia Awards Scholarships and a new In-Country Subsidies (ICS) program. The Australia Awards Timor-Leste is managed by GRM International on behalf of the Australian Government. The Program aims to:
- Improve service delivery, economic development and governance access across priority areas agreed in the Strategic Planning Agreement for Development; and
- Foster ongoing linkages between Australia and Timor-Leste at the individual, organisational and country levels.
The Australia Awards Timor-Leste Program is currently seeking applications for a full-time Finance and Administration Officer position.
Purpose of Role
Reporting to the AATL Finance and Office Manager, this position is responsible for supporting the smooth operation the AATL finance systems and providing support in the day-to-day management of the office. Responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining the electronic and hardcopy accounts filing system to ensure it is orderly and enables information to be retrieved efficiently.
- Recording proper coding and accounting treatment of all financial transactions in consultation with the GRM Program Manager or delegate.
- Managing petty cash payments and provide weekly reconciliation and replenishment where necessary.
- Assisting in monitoring all expenditures and reports to the Program Manager or Project Accountant on a regular basis the status of spending of the AATL.
- Assisting in preparation of monthly Funds Transfer Requests (FTR).
- Preparing cashbook draft for submission to GRM by the monthly deadline, including ensuring all the bank reconciliation and data and coding entered is accurate.
- Assisting in preparation of cash flow and expenditure projections in accordance with the requirements of the AATL Operations and Financial Procedures Manual.
- Maintaining and updating the Asset Register for all classes of assets acquired by the AATL under supervision of the Finance and Office Manager.
- Assisting in management of procurement processes and value for money calculations of program assets, recurring office supplies, travel, per diems, in coordination with the Administrative Assistant and under the guidance of the Finance and Office Manager.
- Processing payment of reimbursable items for staff and ensuring proper approvals for expenditure are given on a monthly basis.
- Monitoring and ensuring payment of office utilities including electricity and ensure maintenance and ad hoc repairs are conducted on office assets including the generator, air conditioners and photocopier.
- Assisting with day-to-day administration of contracts with external contractors; check contractors’ invoices against the goods and services provided and process payments.
- Providing support to the Receptionist/Administrative Assistant as necessary to coordinate and/or arrange meetings such as workshops and seminars.
- Providing support to the Receptionist/Administrative Assistant as necessary to make travel arrangements for AATL staff in line with the Operations and Financial Procedures Manual.
- Performing other functions that may be required by the Scholarships Director, Finance and Office Manager, and/or GRM Program Manager.
A term of 1 year initially, with the possibility of extending further up to 11 months.
Minimum education and experience required
- A Diploma in Administration or Accounting.
- Experience in financial and human resources management, and administrative procedures and systems.
- Knowledge of DFAT rules and regulations.
- The ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines
- Spoken and written fluency in English.
This position is graded as an Officer position with taxable salary between USD 12,500 – 18,500 p.a and locally engaged staff benefits. This role is suited for candidates based in Dili and will not attract mobilisation/relocation assistance. Applicants must have eligibility to work and live in Timor-Leste.
Interested? Please submit your CV through the GRM International Careers Page (http://www.grminternational.com/jobs) or via hardcopy at the Australia Awards office at the ex-Café Aroma site, Rua. Belarmino Lobo, Bidau Akadiru-Hun, Dili.
Applications close 5pm AEST on 30 January 2015. Late applications will not be considered.
Please note only successful applicants will be contacted.