Opening Date: January 5, 2015
Closing Date: January 19, 2015
Position Title: General Services Manager
Salary: Starting at $12899 annually plus benefits
The United States Peace Corps program in Timor-Leste seeks a qualified and motivated candidate for the following full-time position: General Services Manager
The United Peace Corps is a non-political, non-religious organization, which will bring American Volunteers to Timor-Leste to be assigned to Districts to work with communities on development projects. The Peace Corps is an agency of the United States Government and was founded by President John F. Kennedy in 1961. General information about Peace Corps can be found on www.peacecorps.gov.
The General-Services Manager will work as a member of the Administrative Unit supporting the entire Peace Corps Timor-Leste Program. The General Services Manager will:
- Manage Peace Corps facilities, including construction, renovation, upgrade and maintenance projects, and performing routine and non-routine maintenance tasks for the office and staff residences
- Be responsible in conjunction with Director of Management & Operations for the overall management of the vehicle fleet, including maintenance and reports
- Be responsible in conjunction with Director of Management & Operations for the overall management of Peace Corps property, including inventory and reports
- Assist with acquisition and procurement of all supplies for Peace Corps East Timor
- Assist with the management of leases and service contracts
- Assist with all shipping and customs issues for incoming and outgoing shipments
- Serve as direct supervisor for General Services staff (2-3 drivers/general services assistants)
- Utilize safe, courteous, and attentive driving skills to transport staff, volunteers, and equipment to various locations throughout East Timor
- Provide physical labor assistance when requested
- Assist with deliveries, pick-ups, and other logistical tasks
- Write reports as needed
Education: University education and a valid/current driver’s license with a class “B” designation required. In lieu of university education, 10+ years professional experience in similar positions may be considered.
Professional Work Experience: Minimum 5 years experience working as a logistics manager/officer, preferably for an international organization. Tasks should have included administration, staff management and supervision, property/inventory management, procurement and acquisition, contracting, vehicle fleet management and facilities construction/maintenance supervision.
Language: Level 4 (fluent) in speaking, reading, writing and understanding English and Tetum is required.
Skills and requirements:
- General knowledge of logistics management
- Understanding of inventory management processes
- Understanding of basic procurement principles
- Knowledge of Shipping and Customs for East Timor
- Skills and abilities with small equipment and vehicle maintenance is desired
- A working knowledge of East Timor’s road systems, distances and conditions of travel
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational/time management skills
- Strictly adheres to all USG and PC vehicle policies and regulations
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Proactive attitude and flexibility
- Ability and willingness to follow directions and training from supervisors
- Polite manners, professionalism and sense of discretion under all circumstances
- Experience working in a cross-cultural setting as a part of an intercultural team
- Proof of clean driving record from police is required: no prior at fault vehicle accidents and/or traffic citations/violations within the last 5 years
- Excellent health and fitness as it relates to physical labor
Important! Applicants must clearly describe or demonstrate how they meet each of the mandatory qualifications. Qualified and interested candidates should send a cover letter describing their qualifications and their fit with the position, CV and a copy of their valid B driver’s license by e-mail to email@example.com The SUBJECT LINE of this email MUST state: Application for General Services Manager.
The Peace Corps is an equal opportunity employer. Closing date: applications must be received no later than January 19, 2015 to receive full consideration. No phone calls or personal visits related to this vacancy will be accepted. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.