Department / Project : Program Support Unit (PSU)
Position : HR Manager
Grade : A – A++
Salary : Range starting at $1,056 – $1,799 per month plus benefits depending on experience
Duty Station : Dili
Report to : Country Director
Contract period : 1 year with possibility to extend
CARE International is an international organization working in 84 countries and reaching 97 million people worldwide with a vision and mission dedicated to empowering women and their communities to overcome poverty and social injustice.
CARE International has been operating in Timor Leste since 1994, with a focus on long-term sustainable development projects and humanitarian preparedness and response. We work with government, civil society, and private sector partners in the areas of gender equality, education, food and nutrition security, health, WASH, small scale infrastructure, livelihoods and capacity building, to achieve positive impacts for marginalized rural communities.
People are CARE’s greatest assets. The Human Resource Manager plays a key role in the strategic and operational management of human resources at CARE International in Timor Leste. As a member of the Senior Management Team, the HR Manager also contributes to strategic direction setting and management of the organisation.
The main responsibilities of HR Manager will include:
- Provide strategic HR leadership and advice to the organisation
- Oversee and coordinate transparent and effective recruitment
- Coordinate the performance management process
- Manage and coordinate effective capacity building and training for CITL staff
- Ensure understanding and compliance with the CITL HR Policy Manual
- Oversee the development of appropriate HR policies for CITL
- Manage the HR team and lead the HR function across CITL including all field office locations
- Manage and monitor the administration of key HR processes
- Manage grievance and disciplinary issues
Required qualifications, skills and experience:
- A Degree in HR, Business Administration or other relevant tertiary qualification
- Experience managing staff
- 3 – 5 years senior level experience preferably in an international organisation
- Knowledge of human resources management and staff development
- Excellent communication skills including oral and written in English and in Tetum
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to work in a complex professional environment
- Competence in using information technology including word-processing, spreadsheets and communications technology.
- Willingness to travel out of Dili when required.
In return of your commitment you will benefit from ongoing professional development fostered within an innovative and forward thinking environment, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
If you would like a copy of the job description please contact the HR Assistant on Agustinha.DaCosta@careint.org or call +670 3321407. To apply to this position, please submit by 18th January 2014 your application letter and Curriculum Vitae with two references (Please DO NOT attach other documents) either by email to Agustinha.DaCosta@careint.org OR deliver hard copies to the HR Unit, CARE International Timor-Leste, Bairo Pitte, Dili. Only successful candidates will be contacted for the interview.
CARE is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
CARE International Timor-Leste is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas we work. CARE International Timor-Leste reserves the right to conduct screening procedures to ensure a child-safe environment.