Internally & Externally
CARE International in Timor-Leste – CITL
Department / Project : Lafaek Learning Media Project
Position : Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator
Grade/step : C/1
Salary : From $669.00 per month plus benefits
Duty Station : Dili with frequent trips to the project sites
Coordination line : Project Manager, Deputy Project Managers, and CARE Program Quality Unit
Report to : Program Coordinator
Contract period : February 2015 – June 2015 (with possibility of multi year extension)
CARE is an international humanitarian organization, with a vision of empowering women and girls to fight poverty and bring lasting change to their communities. We work in over 80 countries around the world. We work with partners to achieve lasting results for marginalized communities.
People are CARE’s greatest assets. CARE international in Timor –Leste (CITL) ha s a diverse team of dedicated, talented professionals who work together to make a lasting impact.
Under the guidance of the Education Program Coordinator, the M&E Coordinator will be responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining the M&E system to assess project activities and contribute to the refinement of these activities.
Core responsibilities will include setting up the M&E system, building the capacity of the M&E team members, Field Officers, and partner organizations to implement the M&E system; supervise the M&E team members, ensure that project has timely and precise information regarding its progress and that all required information is properly collected, reported and filed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Lafaek Learning Media Project team and CARE’s Program Quality Unit to develop the M&E system. This includes development of project M&E database and tools based on the Project’s Logical Framework;
- Assume the overall responsibility for the implementation of the project’s M&E plan in the field under the guidance and supervision of the Education Program Coordinator and in coordination with Project Manager;
- Supervise and build the capacity of the M&E team members by providing on-the-job support to ensure effective implementation of the M&E activities at the field level;
- Ensure that the project gathers timely and accurate evidence-based information regarding project progress and that all information is properly reported and archived;
- Ensure that the success stories are documented and reported and on a monthly basis;
- Lead the data entry, data verification, and cross checking process;
- Identify training needs, organize, and lead appropriate training sessions on the relevant M&E topics for the M&E team members, Field Officers, and partner organizations;
- Conduct frequent visits to all LLM project schools and communities – meet with school administrators, teachers, students, parents, and other community members to verify and collect relevant information;
- Provide support to project surveys, this includes baseline, midline and end line evaluation;
- Liaise with the Ministry of Education, UNICEF and other relevant stakeholders to ensure access to EMIS data and other relevant databases/ research results in country, in cooperation with the project team.
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor.
- Masters Degree in Education, statistics or equivalent
- 3 years of experience in designing and implementing M&E activities, preferably in Education programming
- Demonstrated ability in the use of quantitative and qualitative methods including questionnaire design, survey techniques, and participatory approaches
- Proven strong report writing skills, ability to present monitoring data and survey finding clearly
- Strong organizational development skills and experience in development of and training for information and monitoring systems
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge through informal and formal trainings of staff
- Proven strong participatory management and supervisory skills
- Computer proficiency with MS Office, MS Access, Statistical Programs (etc. STATA, SAS, SPSS)
- Proven knowledge of Data Management methods and applications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Ability to manage tight timelines and potentially stressful, shifting priorities and deadlines
- Excellent attention to details
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively
- Superior interpersonal skills
In return of your commitment you will benefit from ongoing professional development fostered within an innovative and forward thinking environment, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply to this position, please email your submit the application letter and Curriculum Vitae with two references (Please DO NOT attached the other documents) to Agustinha.DaCosta@careint.org/ firstname.lastname@example.org OR to HR Unit, CARE International Timor-Leste, Bairo Pitte, Dili, OR by email before or by date deadline on 16 January 2015. Only successful candidates will be contacted for the interview.
|CARE is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
CARE International Timor-Leste is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas we work. CARE International Timor-Leste reserves the right to conduct screening procedures to ensure a child-safe environment.