Program and Office Manager
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Timor-Leste Hillary Clinton Scholarship Program (Clinton Scholarships) requires a Program and Office Manager to provide administrative oversight and programmatic leadership for the Timor-Leste Hillary Clinton Scholarship Program office in Dili, Timor-Leste. S/he will work closely with the home office of the Institute of International Education (IIE), implementers of this United States Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded program.
Clinton Scholarships aims to strengthen the base of skilled, high performing professionals in Timor-Leste to contribute to the country’s economic and social development. There are currently 12 scholars studying for Associate’s degree programs in the U.S. who are overseen by IIE’s home office. The Dili field office is responsible for all activities related to the support of program alumni.
Essential technical functions include, but are not limited to:
· Direct oversight and management of all in-country project activities as well as the day to day office functions of the Dili field office
· Supervision of the Finance and Operations Manager and Finance and Administrative Assistant
· Support home office in development of deliverable reports
· Serve as the key point of contact for the USAID COR to facilitate a quality performance and timely delivery of all work requirements, and to ensure that program implementation aligns with Mission objectives and strategy and ensure the Mission’s needs are met in the most cost-effective manner possible.
· Ensure smooth operations and responsiveness to project requirements through the direct line of communication with the home office.
· Develop and lead alumni activities, including:
o Formation of an alumni support network for graduates of the Clinton Scholarships program, including facilitating and strengthening networking communications through established participant online networks.
o Identify networking and/or mentorship opportunities for internships and employment among Timorese Government ministries, universities, and other relevant private and public sector organizations.
o Career counseling and development of resources/trainings for alumni
· Bachelor’s degree required;
· Advanced degree in a relevant field preferred;
· 10 years of relevant work experience preferred;
· Working knowledge of relevant USAID and USG policies, strategies, and requirements preferred;
· Good oral and written English language skills;
· Proven leadership ability with excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
· Strong teamwork and management skills;
Interested candidates should send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, January 30, 2015.