|Job title||UNDP SSRI Project Manager|
|Organisation||CARE International in Timor Leste|
|Application deadline||January 27th 2015|
|Type of Contract||3 months contract|
|Language(s) required||Tetum and English required|
|Applications sent to||Teresa.Barros@careint.org|
|Starting Date||23rd February 2015|
|Duration of the contract||2 Months (with potential for 1 month extension)|
The Project Manager (PM) is responsible to plan, manage, monitor and supervise both project staff and project activities. S/he is also responsible to coordinate activities with the UNDP Small Scale Rural Infrastructure (SSRI) technical staff. Moreover, he/she is also responsible for the day to day administrative and logistical works in the project office.
CARE International in Timor-Leste (CITL) received a small grant from UNDP to conduct vulnerability analysis using the CVCA methodology and GIS in the sub districts and sucos where the UNDP-SSRI project will implement activities.The small grant has duration of six months, and requires the analysis of vulnerability for those areas and strategic infrastructures in the face of climate threats. CARE has extensive experience in participatory processes and conducting of this kind of analysis at aldeia-suco level. As a way to deepen the analysis and create a database of visual information to help the decision making process, CARE also received the mandate to develop a series of maps in GIS format to analyze the vulnerability from a technical-scientific point of view but closely articulated with the perceptions of communities.
PROJECT PLANNING AND IMPLEMENTATION
- Review and adjust as necessary project implementation plan and costed work plans. Oversee implementation of project activities based on the project approval from UNDP SSRI.
- Supervise the implementation of activities according to the work plans and budget.
- Support the facilitation team in facilitating the workshops and participatory events according the project objectives.
- Coordinate with UNDP SSRI and other stakeholders the logistics and organization of field activities and participatory events.
- Report to the International Program Manager (IPM) or in her/ his absence the Assistant Country Director for Programs (ACDP).
- Supervise facilitators and provide timely performance feedback and on-the-job capacity building.
- Develop and actively promote good relations within the team and ensure appropriate coordination with all team members.
- In coordination with IPM oversee the development of relevant consultancies according the project implementation plan.
- Undertake capacity building activities of partners and document them.
- Organize regular meetings with UNDP SSRI and partners to discuss on partnership issues, capacity development and progress on compliance with MoUs.
MONITORING AND EVALUATION
- Through on-going presence at the project sites, oversee implementation of the project activities as detailed in the project implementation plan and provide timely feedback to ACDP, field staff and other stakeholders.
- In coordination with UNDP SSRI staff prepare Monitoring and Evaluation Plan and orient project staff with respect to it
REPORTING, BUDGETING AND DOCUMENTATION
- Prepare annual project budgets and any revisions as required. Ensure that all financial documents are submitted on a timely basis. Assist the IPM to monitor project expenditures and take necessary action to ensure that expenses will stay within acceptable limits.
- Write concise and high quality Project Implementation Reports and other required donor reports in the specified format in a timely manner.
- Compile monthly progress reports from facilitators and report to ACDP and UNDP SSRI.
- Document learning and good practices regarding process and results of the interventions and share them in the team and between concerned stakeholders.
ADMINISTRATION, FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT AND HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT
- Ensure that administrative systems are established and maintained in the project.
- Ensure that the personal policies (contract renewal/extension, disciplinary actions etc.) are effectively followed.
- Actively provide coaching, mentoring and training to the Facilitators to strengthen their skills and performance. Identify and address staff development needs, or assist the HR Department to address staff development needs.
LIAISON AND COORDINATION
- Represent CARE at the district level and maintain contact with counterpart, line agencies, partners, NGOs, communities, other donor projects and visitors as required, in order to ensure maximum synergy among the projects.
- Undertake any other tasks deemed appropriate or assigned by superiors
Safety and Security
Promote a safe and secure work environment; foster a culture of safety and security awareness and; consistently follow all CARE Timor-Leste safety and security policies, procedures and directives.
This is a temporary position for an individual who is pro-active, creative and energetic with an interest in how communities can adapt to climate change.
CARE is an equal opportunity employer. Women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
To apply to this position, please submit by 27 January 2015 your application letter and Curriculum Viate to CARE Human Resources, with two reference (please DO NOT attach other documents) either by email toTeresa.email@example.com or deliver hard copies to HR Unit, CARE International Timor Leste, Bairo-Pite, Dili. Only successful candidates will be contact for interview.
CARE International Timor-Leste is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas we work. Applicants are advised that CARE International Timor-Leste reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure a child-safe environment.