REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Democratic Republic of East Timor
Second Chance Education Project
Grant Nos: P116520
Expressions of Interest
The Democratic Republic of East Timor has received financing administered by the World Bank towards the cost of the Second Chance Education Project (SCEP), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consultant services regarding: District Support and Facilitator (DSF).
Position: 6 Positions
The district facilitators will work at six selected districts : Lospalos, Baucau, Dili, Ermera, Maliana and Oecusse.
Key functions of the District Facilitators will be to facilitate the active engagement of community in the implementation of trial of Equivalency Education Program, establishment of Community Learning Centres, monitoring and evaluation of all programs and assist in the implementation of Educational Demand and Needs Assessment Study
1. The community has good understanding about the benefit and importance of the CLC for the community life quality and harmony and has good capacity in establishing
a sound and functioned community learning center and has high motivation and commitment in realizing it.
2. The community (through the new established CLC committee) has a good capacity in developing a reasonably CLC grants proposal to be submitted and has high
motivation and commitment in realizing it.
3. The CLC has good capacity and high commitment to implement the CLC Grant consistently according to the plan in the approved proposal and according to the Grant
manual provided by MoE.
4. Periodical reports (bi-weekly) on ongoing monitoring and evaluation in place to hold community accountable for supports provided.
5. Written inputs for the Recurrent Education Specialist (DNER) to prepare policy, plan and strategy to establish and sustain CLC program in Timor Leste (including CLC
Management training, standard grant proposal and reporting mechanism, programs and improvement).
6. Quality field-based data of needed for the Needs and Demands Study.
7. Data/ inputs to support the DNER with preparation of the reports on the trial of Equivalency Education program and CLC program implementation.
The assignment is planned for 11 person-months and expected to start ASAP.
The Ministry of Education of the Democratic Republic of East Timor now invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services for this position. Firms are not invited to propose individual consultants. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (CV, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills, etc.).
Qualification requirements are:
1. Holds Bachelor Degree in Management, Development Study and/or other relevant fields;
2. Minimum experience of 4 years working in rural areas in Project Management, Project Implementation and other relevant areas.
3. Experience in Rural Development Grant Management;
4. Experience of leading similar project;
5. Knowledge on M&E concept and reporting system;
6. Basic skill in report writing.
7. Proficiency in Tetum and Portuguese and knowledge of English is an advantage
1. Able to work as part of the team and individually;
2. Able to manage work load within the expected period;
3. Demonstrate sound communication skills within and among the communities
The successful candidate shall be offered a standard remuneration package according to rates for this level of specialization.
Interested eligible consultants may obtain further information and a copy of the Terms of Reference from the Second Chance Education Project at the address given below or visit Ministry’s website at:https://www.moe.gov.tl/?q=node/273
The email subject heading must be: District Support and Facilitator (DSF).
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits and Grants by World Bank Borrowers (January 2011).
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours 09:00 to 17:00 hours of local time.
The Expression of Interest together with your latest curriculum vitae must be delivered to the email address given below by 12 February 2015.
Attn: Mr. Danino da Cunha
National Director of Procurement
Ministry of Education
Democratic Republic of East Timor
Vila Verde, Dili
Tel: +670 3311035
E-mail: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org