Job Title: District Technical Officer (DTO)-NASG Program
Locations: Ermera and Manatuto
Posting Date: 04/02/2015
Deadline Date: 12/02/2015
The Health Improvement Project (HIP) is seeking application for the following vacancy:
Position: District Technical Officer (DTO)-NASG Program
The DTO-NASG Program will be in charge of implementing the programmatic part of the prevention and management of post-partum hemorrhage (PPH) and use of the non-pneumatic anti-shock garment (NASG). The DTO-NASG Program will support training of health personnel in implementing facilities, organize regular simulations, supervision and ensure the PPH kits are complete and ready for use. The DTO-NASG Program will ensure target populations are enumerated in selected communities and support the promotion of key messages for safe motherhood to overcome the first and second delays to access health care.
- Support Ministry of Health (MOH), District Health Services (DHS) and National Health Institute (INS) in preparing and facilitating training for the personnel of implementing health facilities (doctors, midwives, nurses and ambulance drivers). Organize refresher (with video) and simulations in order to ensure trained personnel do not lose the competence acquired during the training.
- Support DHS in conducting supportive supervision, including ensuring completeness of PPH kits.
- Support health posts and community in the enumeration and compilation of population data and support birth planning and complication readiness planning.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor degree in Public Health, preference will be given to nurses or midwives.
- Excellent facilitation and numeracy skills.
- Good computer skills.
- At least 2 years of work experience in the health sector.
HOW TO APPLY :
If you would like to apply for above positions please email your cover letter and detailed CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “DTO-NASG Program” or deliver it to HADIAK c/o Rua Barros Gomes Akadiruhun, Dili Timor-Leste.
The closing date for applications is February 12, 2015. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.