Oxfam’s global vision is for a just world without poverty: a world in which people can influence decisions that affect their lives, enjoy their rights, and assume their responsibilities as full citizens of a world in which all citizens are valued and treated equally.
To support this vision, Oxfam in Timor-Leste works with local partner organisations to deliver a three part program that reflects major challenges and opportunities in Timor-Leste: Integrated Rural Development, Land and Inclusive Development, and Humanitarian Preparedness. As an organisation with a commitment to gender equality, gender justice is a cross-cutting issue and is mainstreamed throughout the program
Position: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Lead
- An excellent opportunity to join one of Australia’s leading international not for profits
- Full Time, 35 hours per week
- 2 year, fixed term position (dependent on funding)
- Based in Dili, Timor-Leste
Oxfam has been supporting development and humanitarian work in Timor Leste for over 40 years and currently implements a multi-sectoral program by working in partnership with civil society organisations and through constructive engagement with government. Oxfam is currently in the last year of its country strategy and is in the final stages of finalizing the Oxfam Country Strategy for 2015-2019.
Reporting to the Program Director in Timor-Leste, the MEL Lead works closely with key agency staff to to strengthen the capacity of the country team and partners to Monitor and Evaluate the programs, and to utilize the learning generated through these processes to meet accountability requirements, to adjust program strategies and to influence other actors.
You will have
- At least 5 years relevant experience working with INGOs/NGOs on MEL issues in comparable organisations and program contexts.
- Experience in providing effective mentoring and capacity building support to people with varying levels of capacity.
- Demonstrated knowledge of evaluation and impact assessment methodologies and how to translate these into practical frameworks, tools and processes.
- Experience in applying MEL concepts in a wide range of thematic areas including capacity strengthening, advocacy, humanitarian and development projects.
- Excellent communication skills both in written and verbal with strong proven skills in English language. Tetum skills would be an advantage.
We can offer you
- Salary and benefits for this position include a salary of AUD$68,218 per annum plus benefits.
- The opportunity to influence the design and implementation of Oxfam’s 5 year country strategy and programs in Timor-Leste
- The chance to meet and work with a motivated and inspiring team of development professionals (both Oxfam staff and our partners), and to provide practical support and capacity building to this team
- Please visit https://www.oxfam.org.au/my/jobs for application details
- To apply, please click the “APPLY ONLINE” button below and submit a CV and cover letter addressing the required selection criteria outlined in this advertisement. Please note, applications that do not address the required selection criteria will not be considered.
- Applications close: Tuesday 15 February 2015 at 11pm
Appointment to this position will require a satisfactory clearance of a police check.
We promote diversity and practice equity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
Oxfam Australia is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people.