JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: 3 Available Positions at CRS Timor Leste
Catholic Relief Services plans to implement a Community Driven Nutrition Improvement Project with a grant from the Japanese Social Development Fund (JSDF) to help address the high prevalence of under nutrition in Timor-Leste (particularly amongst children). The project will target communities that fall in the lowest living standards group in the eastern districts of Baucau and Viqueque, aiming to directly benefit 4,470 children and 5,503 pregnant and lactating women.
Note: All these positions are for Timorese Nationals only. They will be based in Baucau and must be able to travel regularly to the project communities.
- Project Manager – Nutrition
The primary function of the Project Manager – Nutrition is to provide leadership to the local implementing partners for all aspects of component 2, nutrition specific interventions to ensure outcomes are met on established timeline. He or She will be responsible for maintaining relationships with local non-governmental implementing partner organizations. This includes working with organizations to ensure consistent programmatic quality across all organizations and accurate monthly narrative and financial reports.
- Project Manager – Technical and Institutional Strengthening
The Project Manager is responsible for the timely and effective implementation of project activities based on the detailed implementation plan. The Project Manager is responsible conducting training on monitoring evaluation, accountability and learning as well as data collection and monitoring project progress against targets. He/she is also responsible for managing the project financial resources, including liquidation of partner advances and monitoring of project spending. The Project Manager will be responsible for liaising with project partners and conducting project progress sessions with project partners for their input
- Compliance Officer
The Compliance Officer will provide guidance and advice regulatory requirements and related policies and procedures of the World Bank and CRS. The Compliance Officer will be responsible for the compliance of procurement of goods and services for CDNIP and will be required to review and assist in developing the CDNIP procurement plan. The Compliance Officer is also responsible for managing records and documents related to compliance.
– University degree or Institute degree in related field.
– At least 5 years of management experience of community development in community-based health/or livelihood and/or food security program
– Knowledge on nutrition and food security issues and familiarity with emerging trends in policy and programming
– Good communication skills with proficiency in English, both verbal and written.
– Good problem solving skills.
– Extensive experience with project implementation- program design, budgets, reporting etc.
– Proven leadership in strategic planning initiatives and staff management skills
– Demonstrated ability to design and deliver trainings, mentor, and build the capacity of staff and local
– Ability to work independently, but also coordinate and lead effectively as part of a team
– Strong analytical and organizational skills
– Ability to represent the agency in high level meetings with donors, local Church and local government
– Proven report writing skills and experience.
– IT literacy (specifically operating computer – excel, Microsoft word, PowerPoint).
HOW TO APPLY
Suitable qualified female candidates are especially encouraged to apply
Sent a cover letter, current CV and professional references by email to TL_HR@global.crs.org or
Delivery by hand at CRS Dili Office at Rua Dom Alexio Corte Real, Mandarin, Dili or
CRS Baucau Office at Rua Samadigar Buibau, Baucau
For further information and full job description please email the address above.
Only Short Listed Applicants will be contacted