Mary MacKillop International (MMI) is the international aid and development organisation of the Sisters of St Joseph. In the tradition of Mary MacKillop, MMI works in Peru and Timor-Leste to build the capacity of local communities through education, vocational training, health and community support.
The Sisters of St Joseph commenced work in East Timor in 1994 as the Mary MacKillop Institute of East Timorese Studies, and is now known throughout Timor-Leste as Institutu Mary MacKillop. In Timor-Leste, MMI is well known for its Tetun literacy program, which includes teacher training and the production of school resources in the Tetun language.
MMI is currently recruiting for a Programs Director, based in Dili, Timor-Leste.
Summary of role:
The primary objective of this role is to oversee all development programs being implemented by MMI in Timor-Leste. The Programs Director will assist the MMI office in Timor-Leste to demonstrate best practice in design, implementation and evaluation of projects through the implementation of the MMI Design, Evaluation and Learning Framework. He/she will provide advice to project staff on all aspects of the project cycle. He/she will have general oversight over all grant applications and reporting requirements alongside the International Programs Coordinator in Australia.
Background and skills
- Relevant university qualifications
- At least 5 years experience in the development programs with an international NGO, aid agency or other development organization preferably in a capacity building context
- Experience in the design and development of program strategies and complex project interventions, including familiarity with logical framework approaches
- Ability to design and develop monitoring and evaluation systems, experience in managing and conducting field evaluations and impact measurement
- Experience in and the ability to create and sustain long term partnerships with donors through grants
- Good communication skills (both written and spoken) in English and Tetum (including report writing, as well as familiarity with Microsoft Office applications)
Candidates should send a Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria and a CV to MMI’s Country Director Alipio Baltazar at Alipio.Baltazar@mmi.org.au by close of business on Friday 20th February 2015. Please use the subject line: “Application – Programs Director”.
For a full position description including the selection criteria, please refer to: http://www.mmi.org.au/news
Early Applications are highly encouraged, and interviews will be held the last week of February and first week of March.