The Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), GmbH is an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development owned by the Federal Republic of Germany. On behalf of the German Government, GIZ supports Timorese Governmental Organizations and Civil Society since the year 2000 in several fields, such as economic and rural development, employment promotion or the maritime sector with the greater objective to contribute to peace building and civil conflict transformation.
The Global Climate Change Alliance (GCCA) Programme in Timor-Leste is financed by the European Union (EU) and co-implemented by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH (GIZ) and the Camões – Institute for Cooperation and Language.
The GCCA programme is looking for 1 driver position:
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Safe and reliable driving of project vehicles, providing transport to programme staff, official visitors and guests
- Routine maintenance and care of office vehicles
- Running of official errands and assisting with the technical maintenance of the office
- Calculating the petrol, oil, and lubricant (POL) use on a monthly basis
- Prepare and ensure completing and orderly record of log books at all times
- Assists in the transportation / delivering of goods and other logistical matters
Requirements: Education: Secondary School. Professional Experience: Preferably 5 years of working experience as a driver. References from international employers are an asset. Other Qualifications: Possession of a valid driver’s license, no history of major accidents within the past 3 years, flexibility to work on weekends and in the evening when needed, willingness to travel frequently to districts including overnight stays. Language: English and Tetum. The potential candidates shall be requested to undergo a medical examination to certify the fitness to the job.
Interested persons can send their CV and references stating the subject “GCCA driver” in a sealed envelope to Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Palm Business and Trade Centre, 3rd floor Surik Mas, Fatumeta (Hudilaran), Dili, Timor-Leste, P.O. Box 60, or to firstname.lastname@example.org until 19th of March 2015.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for an interview.