Our Mission in Dili is looking for suitable candidates to fill the following vacancy:
Position title: Driver
Direct Supervisor: Administrator/Secretary
· Transports passengers and /or goods with ICRC vehicle at times driving for long hours over rough conditions requiring the use of 4WD.
· Ensures passenger and cargo safety at all times when driving ICRC vehicle by obeying security rules, traffic laws and other regulations, as well as driving defensively and conservatively.
· Carries out checks of assigned vehicles daily and before field trips.
· Cleans the assigned vehicle (or other vehicle when requested) inside and outside everyday, or upon request.
· Respects and adheres to regular working hours and closely follows instructions.
· Immediately informs supervisor and Head of Mission of any vehicle damage or concern with the good functioning of ICRC vehicle.
· Other tasks determined by office needs.
· Performs cargo handling from and/ or to at the airport
· Collects and sends ICRC pouches upon request
· Carefully handles personal effects transported from and/ or to at the airport a directed by supervisor.
· Supports the transport and pick-up of letters, particularly relating to visas and immigration issues upon request.
· High school level education minimum
· 2 years work experience in a similar function and in the field
· Basic knowledge of English and Portuguese knowledge desirable
· Driving license for at least 5 years
· Good knowledge of the geographically assigned environment
· High level of personal integrity, discretion and honesty
· Willingness and interest to grow with the organization, flexibility and positive outlook
What we offer:
· Interesting rewarding work with capacity for professional growth
· Humanitarian and international environment
Please clearly indicate Driver position on your application (which should include: CV with photo and copies of relevant certificates, two references and police clearance) and submit it to the following address:
or e-mail address : email@example.com
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The last date for receiving applications is 01.04.2015