Title: Finance Officer/Asst – Projects
Div/Dept: National Office Finance
Reporting Relationship: Finance & Administration Manager
Assist the Finance and Administration Manager in the financial management and accounting for Project Affiliates finances and to ensure that all ChildFund-related finance relevant policies, systems & procedures & requirements as well as donor requirements are adhered to by the Project Affiliates.
* Visits projects regularly, assists project affiliates in analyzing their financial performance, advises/guides them to take corrective actions
* Provide feedback to Finance Manager on the financial performance of project affiliates
* Assists Finance Manager to ensure that all project affiliates utilize and account ChildFund funds according to ChildFund policies and standards
* Assists Finance Manager in the capacity building of project staff on financial management, specifically
* Assists in project auditor’s orientation prior to the conduct of audit,
* Assists auditor during PAs audit by providing all necessary information as required,
* Maintains and updates project files and ensure it is properly filed for review
* Performs other tasks that may be assigned by the Finance & Administration Manager
Key Competencies Required
* Ability to work and communicate with employees at all levels.
* Self-guided, strong organizational and planning skills; Ability to work independently and under pressure
* Strong interpersonal communication skills;
* Analytical skills & can communicate results in an effective manner.
* Flexible and able to adapt to a multi-cultural environment & complex situations
* Good knowledge of accounting and automated accounting systems, computer literate, knowledge on the use of spreadsheet, word-processing and other financial software packages.Â
* Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English; fluency in a local language (Tetum, Bahasa or Portuguese) preferred
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance or related field or equivalent relevant work experience.
Method of Application
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter describing their suitability following the above required qualifications and experiences in English. The candidate should include a recent CV and names of three traceable referees with their contact details. Please note that this is local position. All applications should be addressed to Finance and Administration Manager, ChildFund Timor-Leste, Rua Lacerda de Maia, Vila Verde, Dili or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All application must be received by ChildFund not later than 31 March 2015. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.