GUARD COMMANDER (1 Position)
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
POSITION: Guard Commander, FSN-7; FP-7
OPENING DATE: March 12, 2015
CLOSING DATE: March 26, 2015
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hrs/week
Ordinarily Resident (OR): FSN-4 $7,835 per annum (Starting salary)
Not Ordinarily Resident (NOR): FP-7 $35,014 per annum (Position Grade to be confirmed by Washington)
ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION
The U.S. Embassy in Dili is seeking qualified female and male candidates for the position of Guard Commander in its Regional Security Office located at Rua Praia dos Coqueiros – Comoro, Dili, Timor-Leste.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION:
Perform full supervision of the guard force function for the Mission in Dili.
- Secondary school.
- Three years’ experience in security work.
- Security related training e.g. bomb searching, how to handle difficult people, how to search compound
- Level 3 in English and Level 2 in Tetum & Bahasa are required. Must be fluent English speaker.
- Knowledge of basic diplomatic security protocol and procedures. Must be familiar with Government Local Security entities, local law enforcement functions and essential law enforcement contacts.
- Must have basic computer and keyboard skills.
- Must be skilled in the use of protective equipment.
- Must have a good driving record/skills and a valid driver’s license for an automobile and a motorcycle.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
The U.S. Mission in Dili, Timor-Leste provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.
The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3. Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
4. Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
5. Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
6. The candidate must be able to obtain and hold a security clearance.
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of the application:
1. Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174); or
2. A current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information found on the UAE (see Appendix B); or
3. A combination of both; i.e. Sections 1 -24 of the UAE along with a listing of the applicant’s work experience attached as a separate sheet; plus
4. Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional U.S. Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
5. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO: