GUARD (24 Positions)
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
POSITION: Position, FSN-2, FP-BB
OPENING DATE: March 6, 2015
CLOSING DATE: March 20, 2015
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week
Ordinarily Resident (OR): FSN-2 $2,985per annum (Starting salary)
Not Ordinarily Resident (NOR): FP-BB $20,419 per annum (Position Grade to be confirmed by Washington)
ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The U.S. Embassy in Dili is seeking both Female and Male qualified candidates for the position of Guard in its Regional Security Office, located at Rua Praia dos Coqueiros, Dili, Timor-Leste.
BASIC FUNCTIONS REQUIRED:
She/he will perform routine guard duties to safeguard United States Government (USG) personnel and property from known or potential threats that may be associated with trespass, crime and/or terrorism.
Applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item in DS-174 block no. 19-22.
· Successful completion of secondary school;
· At least two years of one or combined experience in private security, Diresaun Nasional Seguransa Edifisiu Publika (DNSEP/civil security), police or military (FFDT-L/Falintil);
· Level 1 (Rudimentary Knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing in English and Level II (Limited Knowledge) in Tetum and Bahasa;
· Must be able to use basic security equipment.
When fully qualified, U.S. citizen Eligible Family Members (AEFMs) who are U.S. Veterans will be given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
HOW TO APPLY:
Complete DS-174 (Universal Application for Employment). Applicants may also attach a resume or CV that contains the same information as required in form DS-174.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
CLOSING DATE FOR THE POSITION: March 20, 2015.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
(1) Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
(2) The candidate must be able to obtain and hold medical and security clearances.
(3) Current employees serving a probation period are not eligible to apply.
(4) Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
(5) Currently employed US Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
(6) Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.