Ministry: Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries
Location: Rua Presidenti Nicolau Lobato #5 Comoro, Dili, Timor-Leste
Job Title: Technical Assistance to support Sector Coordination
Entity: Services of the National Authorising Officer (NAO) for European Development Fund (EDF)
The National Authorising Office in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation wishes to recruit a local consultant to assist in providing support to ensure a more effective Ministry of Agriculture (MAF) and Fisheries – Development Partner (DP) joint sector coordination, in order to improve sector planning, budgeting and monitoring, and to avoid overlapping and conflicting programmes/policy guidance among DPs and MAF.
The local consultant will work together with an international consultant to achieve the following results:
* Joint MAF-DP sub-sector meetings are well coordinated/facilitated, and, relevant documents (e.g. invitation, agenda, minutes, etc.) are timely prepared and or circulated to the members.
* DPs-Working Group meetings are well coordinated/facilitated, and relevant documents (e.g. invitation, agenda, minutes, etc.) are timely prepared and or circulated to the members.
* The DP-Agriculture and Fisheries Working Group (AFWG) lists the inventory of sector strategies, plans, studies, and an inventory of DP programmes, and the DP mission/events calendar are regularly updated.
* DP inputs to MAF strategies, plans and policies are timely compiled and submitted to MAF.
* Concrete DP coordination opportunities are identified and implemented.
* Joint policy discussions are facilitated in order to reach common conclusions.
* Agreed actions during DP-AFWG meetings are coordinated and followed up.
* A joint sector review is held and joint sector report is produced.
* Timely implementation of the initial phase of the MAF Institutional Reform and Transformation (MIRT) project.
* Monthly reports and final reports are prepared and submitted on schedule.
The consultant will be located in the Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries, in Dili, Timor-Leste. The intended start date is mid April 2015 and the period of implementation of the contract will be twelve (12) months from this date.
The applicant should have the following:
Qualifications and skills
* Degree in Agronomy, Agricultural Economics, Rural Development, International Development or other fields relevant to this assignment.
* A professional experience of at least 4 years in a sector relevant to this assignment.
* Fluency in English and Tetum language, spoken and written;
* Knowledge of Portuguese would be an asset
* The consultant should have very good facilitation and communication skills.
The deadline for submission of application is Friday, 6th April 2015; time 17:00HTL.
Hand delivery only.
For further information please contact Ms. Silvia M. D. C. Gusmao Lemos at number (+670) 77667768.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Address for submitting written application:
National Authorising Officer – Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation
Attn. Ms. Silvia M. D. C. Gusmao Lemos
NAO Services-Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation