Oxfam’s global vision is for a just world without poverty: a world in which people can influence decisions that affect their lives, enjoy their rights, and assume their responsibilities as full citizens of a world in which all citizens are valued and treated equally.
Two Consultancy Opportunities – applications are welcomed for each consultancy separately, or for one application for both consultancies:
- Evaluation of the Community-Led Rural Development Program (CLRDP) 2012-2015
Oxfam is seeking a qualified consultant or consultancy firm to undertake an evaluation of the CLRDP program. The purpose of the external evaluation is to evaluate the performance of the Community-Led Rural Development Program (CLRDP) in Timor-Leste; including assessing the approach used, the degree to which the program has been successful in achieving intended objectives and outcomes as well as any broader impacts, and to identify lessons learned to inform the re-design of the program under the new strategy.
The specific objectives of the evaluation are:
- To evaluate the achievements of the program in relation to intended objectives and outcomes.
- To evaluate the approach to partnership and the approach to identifying and prioritising activities used in the program, in relation to the achievements of the program.
- To identify and document lessons learned and recommendations to inform improvements and the continuation of successful activities in the next iteration of the program.
- Design of the Integrated Rural Development Program Timor-Leste, 2015-2020
Oxfam is seeking a qualified consultant or consultancy firm to facilitate a thorough and collaborative process to complete the design of the Integrated Rural Development Program.
The Integrated Rural Development Program design will be based on evaluation findings and learning from the Community-Led Rural Development Program. Oxfam in Timor-Leste has identified three objectives for the new program, with associated activities and outcomes:
- Objective 1. Women and men in rural communities have enhanced livelihoods through improved agricultural production, access to savings and loans, greater connectivity to supply and market chains, and increased profitability along the value chain.
- Objective 2. Vulnerable rural communities have improved resilience to disasters and shocks (both fast and slow onset)
- Objective 3. Vulnerable rural women and men are able to influence local decision making processes that impact on their livelihoods and food security
The specific objective of the consultancy is to:
- Undertake a participatory design process that draws from learning from previous evaluative, reflection and learning processes and builds staff and partner buy-in for the new program design.
- To design a contextually appropriate program that has strong linkages with Oxfam’s Humanitarian Preparedness Program and Land and Inclusive Development Program, and is of an appropriate scale and ambition to demonstrate impact over the 5 year time period.
- Ensure that there is a strong gender mainstreaming approach included within the design.
The Terms of Reference for both consultancies are available upon request from Sharon Alder, Oxfam Timor Leste Program Director (firstname.lastname@example.org). The deadline for submission is 5pm local Dili time on 20 April 2015.
Proposals can be submitted by mail, e-mail or hand delivered to:
Oxfam Australia Office
Rua Jacinto Candido,
Bidau Akadiru-Hun, Dili, Timor-Leste