I. Job Title: Coordinator Technical Assistance Coordination Office (National)
II. Terms of Reference Attached
III. Application procedure
Please visit our website at www.mof.gov.tl and go to ‘Employment Opportunity’ to learn about our recruitment process and your application requirements including how to address the Selection Criteria in your application.
Applications need to be addressed to the Head of Human Resources, at email address, firstname.lastname@example.org , no later than 17:00 hours Timor-Leste time on 21 of April 2015.
Applications should include (a) a covering letter, (b) a detailed CV of no more than 7 pages, and (c) Response to the selection criteria.
All applicants must answer clearly the Selection Criteria, that can be found at https://www.mof.gov.tl/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/APPLICATION_PROCEDURE_MoF-Revised-80213.doc delineating how they have met the requirement. We do not expect that you would just cut and paste from your resume but rather explain concisely and succinctly how you have met these competences, possibly providing brief examples etc.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Job Title: Coordinator Technical Assistance Coordination Office
Purpose: To establish and operationalise the Technical Assistance Coordination Office (TAC), which has responsibility for the coordination of capacity building activities for development across the public administration that will contribute to the enhancement of national civil servants knowledge and skills..
Reporting to: Minister of Finance
Counterpart(s): Vice Minister of Finance, Staff of the TAC
Classification: A4.2/ Strategic management/A4.3 Operational management
Duration: One year with possibility for extension subject to funding and performance.
Location: Ministry of Finance, Dili, Timor-Leste
I. Selection Criteria
· Post-graduate or degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. Economics, Business, Finance, Public Administration, Political Science, Law), and at least 5 years of experience in strategic and/or operational management.
· A sound knowledge and background in administration and institutional reform in Timor-Leste.
· Significant experience in program management, including:
- excellent organizational, analytical and prioritization skills
- ability to set out detailed steps and follow assigned tasks/projects through to completion
- ability to develop and implement processes and procedures to effectively implement the Office mandate and work program
- set up monitoring systems
- demonstrated ability to make sound judgements and decisions based on evidence
- strong skills in monitoring and evaluation, financial management and capacity building.
· Experience in public finance management, including in policy making and operational positions.
· Knowledge of Portuguese language an advantage.
· Diplomacy and tact in dealing with development partners and senior government officials to be able to consult effectively and positively influence the identification, development and delivery of capacity building programs;
· Excellent written and oral communication skills;
· Fluent in English and demonstrated understanding of Tetun and/or Portuguese would be an advantage.
· Committed to building the capacity of the institution, organisation and staff through a range of modalities;
· Recognition and respect of peers, and a demonstrated ability to interact effectively and collegially with individuals and groups at all levels;
· Demonstrated ability to make sound judgments on capacity issues that will require management referral and guidance;
II. Scope of Work
1. Coordinate all aspects of the establishment of the Techncial Assistance Coordination (TAC) Office on behalf of the Executive of the Ministry of Finance including:
a. Input into the organic law
b. Development of Annual Action Plan (AAP)
c. Development of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
d. Draft staff plan and input into staff selection for the unit
· AAP completed in accordance with MoF timeframe and approved by Minister
· Approval of KPIs.
· Approval of staff plan.
2. Oversee the design and implementation of a detailed work plan for the TAC Office to operationalise in accordance with Article 39 of the Decree Law No. xx of 2015 Organic law of the Ministry of Finance and provide regular feedback to the Executive on progress against the agreed work plan
· Work plan finalised within 3 months and submitted to the COM.
· Workplan approved by Minister.
· Reports submitted to the Minister within agreed schedule.
3. Operationalise the Decree Law No. xx of 2015 Legal Regime on Fixed Term Contracts in Public Administration as it relates to the TAC, including the development of systems and procedures using a consultative approach.
· Number of processes developed and approved.
· Scope of consultative approaches utilised.
· Effective socialisation and implementation of processes assessed by level of compliance and feedback from stakeholders.
4. Provide advice to the Executive Office on TA coordination policy and operational issues.
· Quality of advice provided on the basis of specific, accurate, timely and solution focus.
5. Assist in the design and development of an effective and efficient database solution for the recording and maintenance of all TA relevant records and details.
· Level of pro-active assistance to develop database project plan.
· Executive office approval for database plan to be implemented.
6. Identify the training and development requirements to support the TAC Office and draft a plan to achieve utilising a range of modalities.
· Quarterly report to the Minister detailing outcomes activities.
7. Undertake related duties as may be required by the Minister and Vice-Minister.
· Level of responsiveness to requests.
Iii. Key Deliverables
In accordance with the performance indicators listed above, and:
·Within four weeks of commencement, develop an Activity Work Plan that is consistent with the relevant activities and performance indicators of the Ministry’s 5 Year Plan and submitted to Chief of Staff;
·Quarterly Progress Reports to the Chief of Staff, against the agreed Work Plan;
·End of Assignment report to the Chief of Staff no later than 10 working days prior to the end of contract.
IV. Performance Evaluation
The performance of the Coordinator Technical Assistance Coordination Office will be appraised and evaluated by the Minister of Finance, using the Performance Appraisal System put in place by the Ministry of Finance. This process will include a probation review within three (3) months of the commencement of the contract, regular reporting, ongoing workplace communications and annual performance appraisal. Performance indicators are in place for all areas within the Ministry, and the advisor’s work will be contributing to the achievement of the priorities as set out in their TOR and in the Ministry’s Five Year Plan.
 Qualifications and experience of the candidate will directly reference the classification of the role as either A4.2 (post graduate and 5 years strategic management experience) or A4.3 (graduate and 5 years operational management experience)