Title District Coordinator for Bobonaro and Ainaro – National position (2)
Program : HAKOHAK Polisia ho Komunidade
Unit : Timor-Leste Office
Reports to : Deputy Program Manager and Chief of Party
Contract Duration : 5 months (until 30th September 2015), with possibility for extension based on the funding
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The District Coordinator shall work with the HAKOHAK program to ensure that all project activities within the district are implemented in an organized manner and all project outputs are met. The district Coordinator shall be an individual who is know to and respected by, the District constituency, the district PNTL, the district Administration/Sub Administration and must have significant exposure to the sucos. Preference will be given those based in the District. A university degree and proficiency in English will be distinct advantages. Constant travel to sucos is to be expected.
The District Coordinator shall:
- Assist the program team to introduce the project to the PNTL office, District and Sub District Administration Offices (DAO and SDAO) and the Suco Councils (SC).
- Assist the program with PNTL to create and hold quarterly District Level Steering Committee meetings ensuring the involvement of the PNTL, District Administrator, Community Police Councils heads, as well as civil society and line ministry representatives.
- Coordinate with PNTL and sucos to ensure the training and establishment of Community Police Councils (CPCs).
- Provide logistical support for the full implementation of program activities in the districts
- Assist and provide technical assistant to CPC activities in the district.
- Coordinate the implementation of CPC meetings and activities, such as monthly action planning meetings, dialogues, and security grants.
- Implement a rapid assessment of target sucos to help form part of the project baseline for the district.
- Regularly conduct monitoring and evaluation activities to assess project performance. This will include developing meeting an activity reports and holding Focus Group Discussions.
- Identify implementation problems, and constraints and identify interventions to resolve these.
- Prepare monthly activity plans and reports based on the monitoring and evaluation plan
- Continuously update the PNTL, District Administrator Office and Sub District Administrator office on activities of Community Policing program activity
- Perform such others functions as may be necessary to ensure project implementation in the districts.
- Demonstrated work experience in development work of Timor-Leste
- Strong networking and community fieldwork skill, including relations with government
- Strong Tetun/Indonesian presentation and facilitation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrate management and organizational ability and computer proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet
- Work experience with international organization preferred
- Independent and proactive, while being able to work in team, especially cross culture
- Ability / skills to write monthly report
- Ability to manage cash advance and Financial reporting for program Activity
- Ability and willingness to work under minimum supervision
- Verbal and written communication skills in English as advantage
- Be able to ride Motorbike
Asia Foundation strongly encourages women to apply. The position is open for Timorese national only
All applications must include a cover letter, an updated CV and must address the selection criteria. Please include three contactable referees. They must be addressed to the Human Resources Officer, Odete Laranjinha Pinto, and delivered by hand to the Asia Foundation’s office at Rua Praia dos Coqueiros, Bairo Metin Rua, Dili, Timor-Leste OR via email to firstname.lastname@example.org before or on Friday, 24 April 2015 at 5PM,
Only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged for further process