REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Democratic Republic of East Timor
Second Chance Education Project
Grant Nos: P116520
Expressions of Interest
The Democratic Republic of East Timor has received financing administered by the World Bank towards the cost of the Second Chance Education Project (SCEP), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consultant services regarding: Non Formal Education Media Specialist (International).
Responsibilities of the consultant will be:
– The proposed position is intended for a specialized service of designing and development of educational media/instrument for the
National Equivalency Program;
– The consultant will be responsible for the design and development of educational media/instrument for the PNE, but is available
if requested by the directorate of the DNER for other activities;
– The consultant will develop the specific tasks of daily work and determined in TOR:
a) Analyse, review and recommend the practical aspects of the different educational media/instrument and the integrated use of
communication languages: sound, visual, printed, audio-visual, computer and telematics, in the teaching and learning process
for young people and adult, appropriately with the Timor-Leste current condition (cultural, Social and Technology);
b) Contribute in the design, development and production of materials for TV, radio, computer, internet, according with the
National Equivalency Program curriculum area/subject and content;
c) Work in partnership with the DNER head of Departments, Curriculum Development Consultant, Planning/Management Consultant,
DNER Technical Teaching team and educational media/instrument Development Team, on capacity building and authorship
strategies to Desert-mance, writing and development of educational means for the National Equivalency Program (NEP):
a) Routing, story board, media editing, artwork etc;
b) Work with hyper-media;
c) Web Design with XHTML and / or CSS best suited for the PNE.
d) Building capacity for the development of educational media such as film, video, audio, photographs, CD ROM and /
or software based on disciplinary curricula and their instructional materials(Teacher Manuals and Students school
books) and teaching of the NEP, to support teacher training (manual /teacher’s guide) and other instructional
materials for teaching technical support;
e) Monitoring and supervising the design and production of educational media in its different languages for integrated
use in the non-formal educational process;
f) Training of DNER Pedagogical Technical team on educational media being produced: methods and means,
materials and technologies to support the Recurrent Education and non-formal education with capacity to deliver the
programs successfully both n-class and through distance learning;
g) Provide other services as required by DNER.
Expected outputs :
The consultant will provide the following products/referrals according to the development of the project:
• A media analysis or research report with recommendation reviewed by the DNER/MoE on different types of media, assessing best ways that suit the context of Timor-Leste (Cultural, Social and Technology) to integrate the NEP with distance education mode: integration, goal, time, cost, quality, human resources, communications, risk and procurement of recommended educational media;
• Production of media/instrument such as videos (scripting, storyboarding, editing, etc.), website (Web Design with XHTML and / or CSS best suited for PNE), audio (radio, CD), photographs, CD ROM and / or software;
• Timeline for the development of educational media during the contract period (7 months) and in accordance with this Terms of Reference;
• A training outline prepared and deliver to DNER Pedagogical Technical Team and DNME the Technical Team in order to contribute in improving the quality of adult learning, recurrent education and non-formal education, considering how decisive factor the integrated use of media is in the educational process: development of curriculum, instructional materials, classroom teaching+Dl and teacher training-use and maintenance.
The assignment is planned for 7 months and expected to ASAP.
The Ministry of Education of the Democratic Republic of East Timor now invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services for this position. Firms are not invited to propose individual consultants. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (CV, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills, etc.).
Qualification requirements are:
• Higher education degree (preferably post-graduate level or Masters/PhD)in the area of Digital Design, Media and Advertising in
• Minimum of 05 years experience with development projects in educational media/instrument, development of educational materials
with emphasis on classroom teaching and in expensive DL;
• 03 years of international experience directly related in the application of the latest and most effective development methods
and creating different digital media to support adult education programs, recurrent education and non-formal education with
• Experience working inTimor-Leste or other context of capacity building in low-capacity local and post-conflict contexts is an
• Strong knowledge and experience in communication and educational media; creating and editing skills of educational media with
proven ability to meet short-term results;
• Practical experience with World Bank projects is an advantage;
• Work experience close to government institutions;
• Proficiency in Portuguese and English and/or Portuguese/Tetum and English;
• Oriented on short-term results, focused and flexible
The successful candidate shall be offered a standard remuneration package according to rates for this level of specialization.
Interested eligible consultants may obtain further information and a copy of the Terms of Reference from the Management Strengthening Project at the address given below or visit Ministry’s website at: https://www.moe.gov.tl/?q=node/212
The email subject heading must be: Non Formal Education Media Specialist (International).
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits and Grants by World Bank Borrowers (January 2011).
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours 09:00 to 17:00 hours of local time.
The Expression of Interest together with your latest curriculum vitae must be delivered to the email address given below by 21 April 2015.
Attn: Mr. Danino da Cunha
National Director of Procurement
Ministry of Education
Democratic Republic of East Timor
Vila Verde, Dili
Tel: +670 3311035
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com