Vacancy Announcement No. 2015/TLS – 001
Position Title: Executive Secretary
Duration: One year Contract (Renewable)
Deadline of Application: 01 May 2015
The Executive Secretary will provide secretarial and administrative assistance work to the President.
1. Receive, screen and log correspondence, reports, ect and forward to the appropriate directors of divisions or managers; maintain a log in a system and follow-up to ensure that replies are timely or that action is taken with the established deadline;
2. Prepare briefing materials for President for use on official trips or special meetings;
3. Screen, assess and refers telephone calls and enquiries to appropriate staffs; provide information on variety of questions such as the office’s programme and activities as well as sensitive information; coordinate and expedite office wide responses to sensitive telephone and written enquiries on behalf of the President;
4. Maintains President’s calendar and schedule appointments and meetings and make tentative appointments on his behalf; brief the President on matters to be considered prior to scheduled meetings;
5. Prepare informal translations and may act as interpreter;
6. Maintain and update office’s filing and reference system including confidential files, performance evaluations reports, and records of disciplinary actions;
7. Take dictation and/or draft correspondence on a variety of subject matters, ensuring that spelling, punctuation and format are correct, type correspondence, documents and reports, some of which are highly confidential;
8. Record, transcribe, develop and distribute minutes of meetings for Board of Directors level and Management level on time;
9. Identify and extract information from various sources and prepare briefing notes and/or resume for inclusion in correspondence and reports; drafts moderately complex correspondence and review all outgoing correspondences for composition and style as well as grammatical accuracy, factual correctness, and adequacy of treatment as well as adherence to IPG-IP Procedures;
10. Coordinate the secretarial services of the office , assign priorities, monitor work in progress and control deadlines; assess work performance and resolve problems;
11. Maintain policy, confidential and general management files;
12. Provide and facilitate the President in the administration areas such as travel arrangements (visas, airport pick-up, air and hotel bookings), administration arrangements (pouch, registration invoice, arrange IPG-IP trainings/workshops etc)
13. Receive and interact with incoming visitors; liaise with internal staff at all levels; interact with external clients
14. Perform other related duties as required.
Key Competencies :
1. Organizational and planning skills
2. Good communication skills in proper manner and good attitude
3. Information gathering and monitoring skills
4. Problem analysis and problem solving skills
5. Judgment and decision-making ability
8. Team member
9. Attention to detail and accuracy
11. Able to understand, writing and speaking in Tetum, English and Portuguese.
1. Completion of Bachelor degree.
2. At least two years of progressively responsible support work experience in general secretary and administrative work.
Qualified candidates are requested to quote the Vacancy Number on the envelopes and send or hand deliver their application letter, enclosing their updated CVs together with copies of academic and professional certificates, names and addresses of three referees to:
Human Resources Unit, Instituto do Petroleo e Geologia – Instituto Publico (IPG-IP)
Rua Jacinto Candido, Bairo Central,Â Dili, Timor Leste.
Telephone: 3310 179 or 7802-8554.
Post is open only to national of the country. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and female candidate are encourage to apply.