Vacancy Announcements – WFP Timor-Leste
UN World Food Programme in Timor-Leste
The World Food Programme has been present in Timor-Leste since 1999. WFP focus in Timor-Leste is on building the capacity of the Government of Timor-Leste in managing supplementary feeding through the Ministry of Health’s Mother-and-Child Health and Nutrition programme. Technical assistance and Government capacity development, with a strategy for hand-over of a sustainable food-based programme to the Government are key priorities. Through the capacity building focus, targeted boys and girls between 6-59 months and pregnant and lactating women benefit from the project. The activities of the organisation are focused on the following areas: Ainaro, Oecusse, Bobonaro, Covalima, Dili and Ermera. WFP supports KONSSANTIL and the Zero Hunger Challenge and has aligned its activities with both UNDAF and Government policies.
WFP Timor-Leste Country Office has an exciting opportunity for a qualified and motivated individual to join the Programme as M&E Officer (Consultant).
Vacancy Number: 2015/TLS-007
Job Title: M&E Officer, 1 position
Contract Type: International Consultant
Duration: 11 months, renewable
Duty Station: Dili
The Consultant will work in close collaboration with the Nutrition and Logistics Units of the Timor-Leste CO to: 1) Develop a Monitoring and Evaluation Framework and tools; 2) Provide support to sub-contracted NGOs or survey teams assisting with WFP monitoring and evaluation; 3) Manage and support WFP monitoring teams; and 4) Analyze and assess monitoring data and disseminate results.
Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Country Director, the M&E Officer is responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
Development of the Monitoring and Evaluation Framework:
* Determine indicators to collect for nutrition programme
* Develop monitoring and evaluation plan that encompasses both corporate indicators as well as project indicators and including roles, responsibilities, frequency and resources necessary to implement
* Develop methodology and oversee collection of data to report for CP logframe
* Ensure that additional monitoring requirements requested by donors is included in CP logframe and monitoring plan
* Create a reporting schedule of nutrition activities
Providing support to DHS, sub-contracted NGOs and survey teams assisting with WFP monitoring and evaluation
* Assist in recruitment process of NGOs to collect programme performance indicators
* Provide capacity building to DHS staff, including trainings and on-site supportive supervision
* Manage the NGO in its data collection and provide supportive supervision for NGO to fulfill its duties
* Conduct quality assessment of data submitted by NGO and collate all submitted data
* Provide support to SQUEAC survey planning, design, and roll-out
* Act as liaison between MOH and SQUEAC survey team to facilitate participation of MOH staff
* Work with government on identification of appropriate line agencies for assessments and capacity building planning
Managing and supporting WFP monitoring teams
* Set monitoring targets and create schedule of monitoring visits that must occur over the year for whole support unit and then further refine it to monthly visits required and individual staff member responsibilities
* Provide supportive supervision to Support staff to arrange field visits and complete number of on-site monitoring and post-distribution monitoring checklists required and enter into database
* Keep track of progress made towards monitoring goals and quality of data collected. Arrange follow-up meetings with support staff to debrief performance and provide corrective supervision as needed
* Provide guidance and assistance to WFP team to transfer database to MOH ownership at district level „h Select WFP staff to be involved in SQUEAC survey and analysis to build in-house capacity and act as co-lead of SQUEAC process
Analyzing and assessing monitoring data and disseminating results
* Analyze data from on-site monitoring and post-distribution monitoring visits. Develop quarterly publication for dissemination to WFP team and donors/partners as appropriate
* Conduct quality control on data sent from sub-national level; provide support to address any discrepancies
* Manage data received from support staff and NGO/survey teams and interpret findings in coordination with Nutrition Programme Officer to inform implementation/programming
* Develop matrix to track DHS/NGO partner reporting on performance indicators per district/sub-district
* Assist in creation of support documents to inform programming (ie seasonal calendar)
* Analyze secondary datasets when appropriate to inform programme
* Explore use of innovative reporting methods (i.e. mobile technology)
* Support reporting as needed both internally between different levels of WFP and externally to partners
* Perform any other duty in technical area of this consultancy as required.
* Master of Public Health or Nutrition, Statistics, or other area related to this consultancy
* 3+ years of experience, at least 1+ internationally
* Experience with monitoring and evaluation of nutrition programmes, familiarity with SQUEAC.
* Experience with Nutrition survey methodologies, e.g. SMART,
* Successful track record with programme M&E and ability to concisely synthesize information
* Experience working in partnership with NGOs, government and civil society
* Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team „h Exhibited cross-cultural competence
* Experience in Southeast Asia or South Asia
* UN experience, especially with WFP or UNICEF
* Database development
* Familiarity with SPSS, STATA, ENA
Interested candidates should submit their applications consisting of a motivation statement, updated CV, and Personal History Form.
Applications should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, hand-delivered to WFP Timor-Leste Country Office, Rua Balide, Mascarenhas, Dili, or posted to WFP Timor-Leste Country Office, P.O. Box 133, Dili, Timor-Leste. Job title and vacancy number should be clearly indicated on the envelope or subject line for email applications. Application deadline is Friday, 1 May 2015. However, applications will be reviewed as and when received, and selection may be done prior to application deadline.
WFP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.