VACANCY: NATIONAL SPONSORSHIP MANAGER
Plan offers competitive salaries and long-term career opportunities. Plan strongly encourages applications from women, and from people with disabilities.
This post is open only to Timorese citizens and to non-Timorese with rights/permits to live and work in Timor Leste.
Background. Plan aims to reach as many children as possible in Timor Leste with high quality child-centred community development programs. Child sponsorship, which relies on excellent and timely communications with Plan 12,000 individual Plan Sponsors, provides the financial foundation of all Plan’s work for children in Timor Leste.
Job purpose. The National Sponsorship Manager will progressively take over from the International Sponsorship Manager to lead on sponsorship operations, manage the sponsorship team and provide strong guidance to the District Managers, Community Mobilization Officers, Community Volunteers, program staff and the Country Management Team to ensure:
- Secure and substantial child sponsorship income
- Effective and efficient caseload management
- Timely, high quality sponsorship communications
- Close alignment of development and rights activities and sponsorship communications
- Progressively takes lead on ensuring that Plan Timor Leste wins and retains a growing sponsorship income of $1.5m – $3m through quality and timely communications
- Progressively takes on direct management of 10-15 sponsorship staff responsible for processing communication in the system
- Eventually reports directly to County Director
- Member of CMT
- Member of Asia Region and global sponsorship networks
- Progressively manages caseload and growth (from 12,000 to 20,000 Sponsored Children)
- Helps align sponsorship, program and operations
Skills, qualifications, experience required
- Very fluent written and spoken English and high level of numeracy both essential (NB: both will be tested in initial selection processes.)
- Strong experience managing and mentoring a large team, preferably for at least 5 years
- Management experience in a major international organization, and evidence of strong people and project management skills
- Very strong ICT skills and understanding
- Level of education – Master’s from an international university or demonstrated equivalent
- Evidence of creativity in writing, photography and social media
- Knowledge of the Timor Leste context an advantage
- Understanding of Child Rights Based approach
- Strong team building and motivational skills
- Facilitation, coaching and training skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships with colleagues at long distance across cultures
- Excellent Tetun and/or Bahasa Indonesia a major advantage
Location. Based in Plan’s Country Office in Dili, with some trips of several days to Aileu and Ainaro Districts, and occasional international travel.
FOR ALL PLAN POSITIONS AND CONSULTANCIES…
- We strongly encourage applications from women, and from people with disabilities
- Strong commitment to the equal rights and participation of girls and women is essential
- Strong commitment to the Rights of the Child is essential
- Plan does not tolerate child abuse. All Plan staff and consultants are selected and employed in line with the conditions of Plan’s Child Protection Policy. These include appropriate reference and background checks.
- Applications will not be acknowledged. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- No correspondence or telephone calls will be entered into.
- Short listed candidates will be required to attend panel interviews and other selection procedures These include a range of tests including tests before second round shortlisting for interview
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 8th MAY 2015
TO APPLY FOR POSTS …. Send
- email, mobile phone and Skype contact details
- cover letter explaining why you are interested in the position
- names and contact details of three professional referees