Position Vacant: Alumni Association Office Manager
The Australia Awards Office is currently seeking applications for a part-time Office Manager to establish and maintain an office and undertake work for the Timor-Leste Australia Awards Alumni Association.
The overall goal of the Australia Awards is that they support Timor-Leste to progress its development goals and have positive and productive relationships with Australia, contributing to security and economic growth in the region.
The desired long-term outcomes for the Australia Awards in Timor-Leste are that:
- Alumni are using their skills, knowledge and networks to contribute to sustainable development
- Alumni have ongoing links with Australia and Australians
- Alumni are contributing to cooperation between Australia and Timor-Leste
- There are positive links between organisations and businesses in Australia and partner countries.
The Australia Awards in Timor-Leste are managed by GRM International on behalf of the Australian Government.
Purpose of the role
The role reports to the Scholarships Director in the Australia Awards Office. The Office Manager, liaising closely with executive members of the Alumni Association and various key people in the Australia Awards Office is responsible for:
- establishing and maintaining an office for the Alumni Association within the Australia Awards Office
- establishing and maintaining appropriate financial and office administration systems and procedures
- ensuring that the Association is properly constituted and that it is adhering to its constitutional and governance requirements
- assisting the Association to expand its membership
- assisting the Association to arrange and manage meetings and events for its members, and for the broader alumni network where appropriate
- being the focal point for enquiries about the Association and for communicating with members through regular newsletters and social media
- maintaining resources for the Alumni Association
- Undertaking other tasks at the request of the Scholarships Director as appropriate.
The appointment will be for 25 hours a week for 12 months (with possibility of extension), noting that some of the hours may need to be worked outside normal office hours.
Essential selection criteria
- Tertiary qualifications in business management and experience in managing an office and finances
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills relating to effective public relations and/or communications including use of social media and event management skills
- Well-developed oral and written Tetun language skills are essential and good oral and written English language skills are highly desirable
- Good understanding of the goals of the Australia Awards (which includes long-term Scholarships and short-term Fellowships)
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel (or other databases), Powerpoint, publishing software, etc).
The person in this position needs:
- strong interpersonal skills
- to be adaptable, dependable and to show initiative
- to be able to work effectively on their own or as part of a team
- to be able to pay attention to detail
- to be committed to the principles of gender equality and inclusion
- to be able to work flexible hours in order to facilitate the Association’s scheduled meetings, and as otherwise pre‑arranged by agreement.
This position will be paid an hourly fee rate of between USD6-8, depending on experience; up to a maximum of 25 hours a week, or as otherwise agreed.
Interested? Please deliver your CV, along with a covering letter which states your claims against the essential criteria that is listed above, to the Australia Awards Office at the ex-Café Aroma site, Rua. Belarmino Lobo, Bidau Akadiru-Hun, Dili, or email your application to email@example.com
Applications close 5pm, Monday, 11 May 2015. Late applications will not be considered.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.