Position Vacant: Public Relations and Reporting Consultant
GRM International, on behalf of the Australian Government, manages the Australia Awards for Timor-Leste. The Awards aim to support partner countries to progress their development goals and have positive and productive relationships with Australia, contributing to security and economic growth in the region.
The Australia Awards Office in Dili is currently seeking applications for a full-time Public Relations and Reporting Consultant.
Purpose of Role
Reporting to the Scholarships Director and working closely with the Australia Awards Scholarships Manager, the GRM Project Manager, the Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor, the Communications & Alumni Officer and the Australian Government’s Aid Program Office in Timor-Leste, this position will assist with communications and public relations activities and with reporting requirements.
The support role will include:
- managing a high profile alumni event which will take place in June, working closely with the Australia Awards Scholarships Manager and team;
- assisting the Communications & Alumni Officer to build up a repository of alumni profiles and photographs to use for promoting the Australia Awards;
- assisting the Communications & Alumni Officer with implementing communications strategy;
- providing professional development and capacity building for the Australia Awards Office team members relevant to the role;
- providing a high level of support to the Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor; and
- coordinating inputs and assisting with drafting reports.
Until 30 June 2015, with possibility of extension.
Minimum education and experience required
- Tertiary qualifications in public relations, communications or similar (preferably at postgraduate level)
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills relating to effective public relations and/or communications including knowledge of social media and event management skills
- Demonstrated experience of monitoring and evaluation including having conducted surveys, undertaken analysis of data and reported findings
- Experience working in a program/project office, preferably relating to development, and preferably in Timor-Leste
- Well-developed oral and written English language skills are essential and good oral and written Tetun language skills are highly desirable
- Good understanding of the Australia Awards is highly desirable
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel.
The person in this position needs:
- strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- to be adaptable and dependable and to show initiative
- to share their knowledge in order to build capacity of team members where appropriate
- to be able to work effectively with individuals and teams at all levels of an organisation
- to be able to develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders
- to be committed to the principles of gender equality and inclusion.
This position will be paid a daily fee rate of between USD 45–60, depending on experience. This role is suited for candidates based in Dili and will not attract mobilisation/relocation assistance. Applicants must be eligible to work and live in Timor-Leste.
Interested? Please submit your CV through the GRM International Careers Page (http://www.grminternational.com/jobs) or via hardcopy at the Australia Awards office at the ex-Café Aroma site, Rua. Belarmino Lobo, Bidau Akadiru-Hun, Dili.
Applications close 5pm Dili time on Monday, 13 April 2015. Late applications will not be considered.
Please note only successful applicants will be contacted.