Department / Project : Finance Unit
Position : Senior Finance Officer
Grade : C1
Salary : From $669.00 per month plus benefits
Duty Station : Dili Base with regular travel to field Offices
Report to : Finance Manager
Contract period : One year with extension Possibility
CARE is an international humanitarian organization, with a vision of empowering women and girls to fight poverty and bring lasting change to their communities. We work in over 80 countries around the world. We work with partners to achieve lasting results for marginalized communities.
People are CARE’s greatest assets. CARE international in Timor –Leste (CITL) ha s a diverse team of dedicated, talented professionals who work together to make a lasting impact.
- Supervise Project Finance Officer (PFO) and Field office finance operation (FFO) to ensure the project accounting is done properly and timely
- Assisting Finance Manager in Country Office Accounting
- Taking a part in internal control function including fraud prevention
- Support Field Office Operation
- General Finance tasks: FM back up and SUN implementation
- SFO is a senior position who responsible to supervise the PPO and FPO to ensure the project accounting is done properly in meeting the deadlines and project requirements in compliance with CARE, donor and local rules and regulations. SFO along with the accountant also provide assistance and back up of finance manager in completing country office accounting. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to management of project cycle, monthly and annually closeout procedures, general accounting and internal controls.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Project Accounting
- Supervise Project Finance Officer and Field office finance operation to ensure the Project Accounting is done properly and timely in compliance with CARE, donor and local rules and regulations:
– Budget proposal: updating the information for budget preparation if required
– Contract Management: Filling contract files (IPIA, approved budget etc), Project receivable, budget amendments, Chart of Account (CoA) request and addition
– Upload Cost Work Plan (CWP) into SUN, preparing BvA report, monitoring project advances
– Project closeout: Grant reconciliation, ICR, Acquittal report, Asset disposal plan, archiving of project files
– Assisting External Audit
– Partnership Financial Management – selection process, capacity assessment, Financial Reporting, risk management
- Conduct the APPA for PPO and FPO (including provide feedback to third party if required)
- Asses PPO and FPO capacity and recommend necessary capacity development
- Understand any issue in term of project transaction and able to respond to donor if required and handle the project in Finance Officer’s absence
- Visit field office, project site and partner.
- Country Office Accounting
- Review Payment voucher daily and Fin sun weekly
- Prepare the journals to be approved by FM or approve journal prepared by PFO and FFO
- Post entries to the general ledger (if required)
- Along with accountant, perform monthly/annual financial closeout procedures such as:
– Prepare the monthly journals (intra company, accruals, ICR) and adjustment journals (T-codes, allocation rates, project closure)
– Review payroll and benefit journals done by Payroll Officer and posted them into SUN
- Internal Controls
- Conduct the internal control checklist for field office in regular time
- Review the report for regular check spot done by PFO and FFO
- Report the fraud indication to FM or ACD-F&A
- Involve in investigation team for fraud case if required
- Conduct fraud training and other trainings related to internal control plans
- Field Office Operation
- Prepare field office monthly cash projection and submit to FM
- Field office visit
- Involve in setting up the new field office including conduct necessary finance training for field office staffs
- Provide regular assistance and support for projects staff and base administrator
- General Finance tasks
- Provide effective backup when Finance Manager absent along with accountant
- Involve in SUN implementation including provide SUN training for new staff and work together with Finance CARE Australia and IT for issues on SUN.
- Bachelor degree in any business related course (preferably Accounting)
- Experience at least three years in supervisor accounting level, preferred in International NGO
- Experiences in handling projects report from various donors (EC, AUSAID, USAID etc) will be an advantage.
- Good written and verbal skills in the English language
- Knowledge in computers (Windows, spreadsheets, etc.). Experience in working with computerized accounting system, standard spreadsheet and database programs such as Scala or Sun System.
- Has managerial, leadership skills and details oriented
- Ability to work in fast-paced and stressful environmental
- Willing to have regular field visit.
In return of your commitment you will benefit from ongoing professional development fostered within an innovative and forward thinking environment, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply to this position, please submit your application letter and Curriculum Vitae with two references (Please DO NOT attached the other documents) to firstname.lastname@example.org OR to HR Unit, CARE International Timor-Leste, Bairo Pitte, Dili, OR by email before or by 20 April 2015. Only successful candidates will be contacted for the interview.
CARE is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
CARE International Timor-Leste is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas we work. CARE International Timor-Leste reserves the right to conduct screening procedures to ensure a child-safe environment.