|Job title||Training Specialist (CNE) (national position)|
|Application deadline||May 13, 2015|
|Type of Contract||Short-Term Technical Assistance|
|Language(s) required||English and Tetum required|
|Starting Date||May 2015|
|Duration of the contract||3 months|
Counterpart International is implementing the four-year Ba Distrito project which is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The goal of the project is to improve the ability of local governance to address community needs and increase its capacity to deliver services more effectively, efficiently and sustainably. The Ba Distrito project is partnering with the Government of Timor-Leste to assist in improving services at the local level by strengthening the ability of institutions such as suco councils and justice sector agencies to engage with, and represent the interests of, citizens at the grassroots level. The project is also supporting national efforts for upcoming suco elections anticipated to take place in 2015, as well as the first municipal elections anticipated to take place in 2016, through support to the country’s Electoral Management Bodies (EMBs) to hold fair, transparent, inclusive local elections and facilitate civic engagement in preparation for the national general election in 2017.
Ba Distrito is seeking a Training Specialist to be seconded to the National Election Commission (CNE) to support the development of an updated civic education training manual and the implementation of Training of Trainers session by CNE officials to political parties, civil society organizations, the media, etc.
The development of civic education training manual should take into account factors such as the high rates of illiteracy, and inclusive of women, youth and people with disabilities, minority groups and other marginalized segments of society.
Support CNE to:
- Conduct a training needs assessment for the National Commission for Election (CNE);
- Develop and update training manuals, modules, training tools (including power point presentations) and facilitator’s manuals;
- Develop simple tools to support trainees to implement key lessons from training;
- Develop a comprehensive list of training materials needed to accompany and reinforce the training manuals (such as poster with key messages, videos, etc.).
Minimum Requirements and Experience:
- 5 years or more experience developing effective training materials for adults with minimal levels of education;
- Voter or civic education experience highly preferred;
- Experience in effective rural community outreach;
- Excellent written Tetum using the national orthography; Strong English language skills highly preferred;
- Excellent technical understanding of electoral system and the ability to learn quickly the legal framework governing the Timor-Leste context;
- Prior experience working effectively as an advisor/mentor highly preferred.
Please submit a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the job title CNE-Training Specialist in the subject line. Deadline for applications is close of business on May 13, 2015.
Counterpart International is a global development organization that empowers people and communities to implement innovative and enduring solutions to social, economic, and environmental challenges. For nearly 50 years, Counterpart has been forging partnerships with communities in need to address complex problems related to economic development, food security and nutrition, and building effective governance and institutions. For more information visit www.Counterpart.org