A great opportunity for young female (and male) graduates to serve the children of Timor-Leste! We strongly encourage women to apply. Plan offers competitive salaries and long-term career opportunities.
COMMUNITY MOBILIZATION OFFICERS (CMOs), TO JOIN THE TEAM IN THE SUKUS OF AILEU AND MAUBISSE
The Job. Plan’s programs in Aileu and Ainaro Districts aim to ensure that children realize their rights to health, clean water and sanitation, education, and protection from violence, abuse and disaster risks. These programs are partly funded by regular donations from Plan Timor Leste’s 9,000+ individual Child Sponsors. Community Mobilization Officers support Community Volunteers to ensure communications with these Sponsors about the children, families and communities their donations are helping.
Community Mobilization Officers live and work in the sukus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Behaviors which we seek
- University graduate or able to demonstrate equivalent skills
- Good spoken and written English and Tetun.
- Proven skills in engaging with children and young people in imaginative, creative and respectful ways, in line with Plan’s Child Centred Community Development approach.
- Must be able to play games, organize arts, music and drama with children – and must enjoy this.
- Demonstrated community mobilization and coordination skills
- Skills in planning work, monitoring, managing a small budget and report writing
- Skills in photography an advantage
- Experience in theatre, music and arts an advantage
- Experience in voluntary service for the community an advantage
- Ability to ride motorcycle an advantage, but not essential.
- Work experience with an international organization an advantage.
- Internet skills an advantage
- Strong commitment to the equal rights and participation of girls and women is essential
- Strong commitment against Domestic Violence is essential
- Strong commitment to the future of the children of Timor Leste is essential
FOR ALL PLAN POSITIONS AND CONSULTANCIES…
- Plan does not tolerate child abuse. All Plan staff and consultants are selected and employed in line with the conditions of Plan’s Child Protection Policy. These include appropriate reference and background checks.
- Applications will not be acknowledged. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No correspondence or telephone calls will be entered into.
- Short listed candidates will be required to attend panel interviews and other selection procedures. These may include tests on English, mathematics and observation of organizing activities with children.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Monday 25th May 2015
TO APPLY…. Send
- cover letter explaining why you are applying
- names and contact details of three referees
to email@example.com or by hand to Plan, Rua Nu’u Laran No.20, Bairo dos Grilos (near Xanana Sports Centre, opposite CNRT office), Dili, Timor-Leste