Job Title: Finance Manager
Application Deadline: 10th June 2015
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
Languages Required: Tetum and English
Starting Date : (Date when the selected candidate is expected to start) July 2015
Expected Duration of Assignment: From July 2015 to July 2016 (One year and One Month)
Duty Station :Dili, Timor-Leste
Assosasaun Mane kontra Violencia (AMKV) is a non-governmental, nonprofit organization dedicated to promotion of Gender equality and prevention of violence against women and girls (VAW). Our vision is to ensure that communities are free from violence and discrimination and women’s human rights are respected. AMKV is grounded on the principles of equality and human rights enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, and plays an instrumental role in advocating for zero tolerance of violence in all spheres. AMKV works at community and municipal levels. At national level, AMKV has built robust synergies with, women’s networks, national and International organizations and thus has facilitated efforts to combat violence against women and girls. AMKV’s contribution is also visible at policy level especially in influencing gender and rights-based reforms in laws, policies and National Action Plans on Gender Based Violence (GBV), and has vehemently been the voice of Non-violence in TL.
AMKV’s functioning is guided by internal rules, regulations and procedures and as a matter of principle transparency and accountability is key. The office received funding from the Embassy of Finland and seeks to recruit a dynamic, innovative and qualified person to fill the position of Finance Manager.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Director, the Finance Manager is primarily responsible for overall financial management and tracking of expenditures and design of project budgets. He will ensure adherence and compliance with financial rules and regulations and hence establish an internal financial control framework which will include Impress system, journal entry and General ledger. He is expected to provide mentorship to field officers on float management and record maintainance.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Financial Management: Develop a financial system to track financial expenditures, including budget control, cash management, receipt of funds, and disbursement of funds, recording of all financial transactions in expenditure reports, records maintenance and control
Budget Management: Align budget allocations to appropriate time period, and ensure budget revisions and links to Annual Work Plans, including managing the project budget for programs and projects in accordance with donor policies.
Financial procedures: Ensure procedures and their rationales are implemented with cash/spending responsibilities,
Human Resources: Appropriately calculate salaries and entitlements of staff, payroll preparation and payment, and management of personnel records e.t.c
Electronic Filling: Ensure rigorous electronic and hard copy filing system for audit processes and maintain internal expenditures control system.
General Administration: Ensure maintenance of office communications and IT systems, lease management and records maintenance
Procurement: Plan, source and solicit offers, including quotations in accordance with donor rules and regulations
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
· Prepare, and plan for project budgets including designing quarterly budget frameworks of the organization
· Design and implement financial strategy including financial reporting framework
· Maintain cash books and ensure records are in place
· Write financial reports and narrative financial statements where necessary
· Submit annual financial Reports to donors
· Participate in the preparation of both monthly and regular financial reports
· Serve as a member of the procurement team
· Ensure payment requests are properly supported in accordance with relevant financial rules, regulations and procedures with adequate Budget Provisions.
· Process for signature of the authorized officers, the relevant documentations to effect payment while ensuring accuracy and completeness of the processed transactions
· Maintain relevant hard and electronic records and files related to the finance function
· Manage the petty cash system and records
· Maintain strict Cash controls and balance transactions
· Process all Invoices for purchases accordingly
· Prepare and Update balance sheets
· Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into the accounting system.
· Reconcile bank accounts with Expenditures
· Be responsible and make sure all important documents such as contracts and related financial records are stored properly and kept confidential.
· Manage cheques and cash flows accordingly
The candidates’ performance will be evaluated based on: timeliness, responsibility, initiative, communication, accuracy, and quality of the work.
Required experience and qualifications
The candidate should fulfill the following requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and Accounting, Finance Management, Business Administration or Economics.
(b) Experience and skills
· At least 3 years of experience in financial management and budgeting.
· Possession of excellent knowledge of financial rules, regulations and accounting procedures
· Demonstrable experience in the use of word processing, Excel/ spread sheets, databases and financial systems
· Experience of strengthening capacities related to, organizational effectiveness, financial management or other related area
· Ability to perform a variety of specialized activities related to financial resources management, including formulating budgets, maintaining Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payables, making transactions and reporting
· Computer literacy and ability to effectively use office technology equipment, IT tools, ability to use Internet and email.
· Knowledge of Timor-Leste’s context or experience in the country would be an added advantage.
(c) Language and other skills
· Excellent command of English both written and oral
· Excellent command in Tetum
Submission of application
Alternatively, you can send hard copies to AMkV’s office using the address below:
Sekretariadu: Rua Gov. Selestino da Silva, Farol, Dili
Telephone: (+670) 3310329 / (+670) 77166381
Note: The position is open for Timorese nationals only.
· Curriculum Vitae
· Letter of Interest containing the statement on candidate’s experience in the field of recruitment
· Copy of education certificate and other relevant supporting documents
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.