Vacancy Announcements WFP Timor Leste
UN World Food Programme in Timor-Leste
The World Food Programme has been present in Timor-Leste since 1999. WFP focus in Timor-Leste is on building the capacity of the Government of Timor-Leste in managing supplementary feeding through the Ministry of Health’s Mother-and-Child Health and Nutrition programme. Technical assistance and Government capacity development, with a strategy for hand-over of a sustainable food-based programme to the Government are key priorities. Through the capacity building focus, targeted boys and girls between 6-59 months and pregnant and lactating women benefit from the project. The activities of the organisation are focused on the following areas: Ainaro, Oecusse, Bobonaro, Covalima, Dili and Ermera. WFP supports KONSSANTIL and the Zero Hunger Challenge and has aligned its activities with both UNDAF and Government policies.
WFP has one exciting opportunity open to Timorese nationals only.
Vacancy Number: 2015/TLS-007
Post Title: IT Assistant (1 position)
Contract Type: Fixed-Term Appointment
SC Level: G5
Duration: 1 year, Renewable
Duty Station: Dili Duties/Responsibilities:
Under the general guidance and direct supervision of the IT Officer, the IT Assistant will be responsible for the following main duties:
* Maintain inventory of material and/or database of information, such as, computer related equipment, communications equipment, website content, training material, etc;
* Maintain logs or archives of information, such as computer related logs, trouble tickets, directories, website publications, registries, data warehouses, reports, etc;
* Assist in the deployment/dissemination of standard material, such as, computer hardware and/or software, applications, programs, directories, telephony, web content, publications, database content, training material, etc;
* Assist in the maintenance of systems and equipment by carrying out routine tasks, such as backing up data, monitoring network and systems, servers and peripherals, running systems diagnostics, patch management and system optimization, removing viruses and bad data, etc;
* Administer user access to systems and databases, monitor system and application usage;
* Assist in resolution of problems by monitoring inboxes and responding to queries, identifying and forwarding issues to the appropriate person;
* Maintain web pages, electronic documents, statistical databases; maintain Information and Knowledge Management (IKM) applications and procedures and provide support to IKM users;
* Assist in training and support of users of technology and systems, such as audio/videoconferences, meetings, databases, registries, networks, etc;
* Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience
* At least completion of secondary school education. Candidates with technical training/qualifications in Information Technology or Telecommunication will have an added advantage
* At least four years of progressively responsible job related experience in information technology or telecommunications or information management, such as, WAN/LAN networking, operating systems,
telephone services, radio unit, web design, registry or similar.
* Some experience in client support, such as, a Help Desk or User Support Unit, web design team, telephone maintenance service, e-marketing group, hotline, or similar.
* Ability to review a variety of data, identify and adjust data discrepancies.
* Identify and resolve operational problems with substantial independence.
* Ability to obtain or give factual information of a non-routine nature involving interpretation of facts and requiring clarity of expression.
* Ability to perform detailed work, frequently of a confidential nature and/or to handle a large volume of work systematically, effectively and accurately.
* Ability to train other staff regarding relevant work responsibilities.
* Ability to work in a team environment and coordinate assignments to achieve common goals.
* Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
* General knowledge of UN system administrative policies, rules, regulations and procedures in the area of administration.
* Fluency in English. Knowledge of local language.
Interested candidates should submit their applications consisting of application letter, updated CV and copies of academic/professional certificates. All applications should be submitted by email to email@example.com or hand-delivered to WFP Timor-Leste Country Office, Rua Balide, Mascarenhas, Dili. Job title and vacancy number should be clearly indicated on the envelope or subject line for email applications. Application deadline is Thursday, 28 May 2015.
WFP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply