Manager of Human Resources (Timorese National only)
About the Organization:
Moris Rasik (MR) is a not-for-profit NGO that has been operating a microfinance savings and loans operation in rural Timor-Leste since 2000. Moris Rasik’s vision is to reduce poverty and improve the community’s quality of life in rural areas through microfinancing. We are Timor Leste’s largest and most successful microfinancing institution.
About the Position:
We are seeking an outstanding Timorese national to fill the position of Manager of Human Resources. As the successful candidate, you will receive comprehensive guidance, training and mentoring from the International Manager of Human Resources. You will ultimately lead a human resource function that will ensure implementation of HR strategies and procedures with a focus on achieving an effective and talented work force.
If selected for this position, you will learn, be challenged and grow professionally!
Under the guidance, training and mentoring from the International Manager of Human Resources you will:
- Manage the setting up of a functional and competent HR department with the overall objective of strengthening the organization’s workforce capacity;
- Prepare at the beginning of every year a human resource plan including staff resources, remuneration, recruitment, and training programs that are required to meet organizational needs;
- Develop job descriptions for each position and develop person specifications to fit such job descriptions;
- Manage the recruitment and selection process; Document all hiring procedures including criteria for selection;
- Update the existing HR manual including the roles and responsibilities of employees, working conditions, legal requirements (labor laws), salary administration, recruitment procedures, and staff development;
- Consult with the senior management team to review the current salary structures, financial incentives, and other benefit schemes and compare them with the salary scales where possible of other similar NGO’s;
- Propose a revised remuneration system;
- Design and implement a results oriented performance appraisal system including performance appraisal forms;
- Assist Branch managers, Regional managers, and other functional managers to set clear measurable and attainable targets for their staff. Review completed performance appraisals with the relevant managers and staff and identify performance gaps;
- Assess the training needs, both technical and managerial, for all staff and prepare effective training plans;
- Develop a succession plan to cover all key positions in the organization;
- Develop and introduce a system of disciplinary procedures taking in to account general laws and the labor law in the country;
- Handle grievances and develop an effective and efficient grievance procedure;
Your Qualifications and Attributes:
To be considered for this position you must possess the following qualities:
- A University degree, ideally received from an English-speaking university;
- Excellent English language skills; you must be capable of reading, writing and speaking English fluently;
- Ability to accurately translate English documents into Tetun;
- Previous hands on work experience in a supervisor capacity, ideally in a human resources department;
- Ability to travel overnight to regions outside of Dili;
- A track record of consistently achieving high-level results, managing and delivering projects on-time and on-budget;
- Strong analytical and organizational skills and ability to handle multiple priorities;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to build effective working relationships with staff at all levels in an organization;
How to Apply:
Interested applicants can send their cover letter and resume in English to: email@example.com
We strongly encourage applications from Timorese women.
Applications should be received before June 5, 2015
We thank all applicants for their interest in applying to Moris Rasik, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.