Hospital Nacional Guido Valadares, Bidau, Dili, Timor Leste
Vacancy: Nursing Project Officer, Nursing Development Program
Reports To: Education and Training Senior Project Officer
Eligibility: Timorese National
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location: Hospital Nacional, Timor Leste
About St John of God Health Care
St John of God Health Care’s first capacity building program in Timor-Leste (East Timor) was established in 2004 with the goal of developing diagnostic pathology services across the country. In 2010 St John of God Health Care commenced a Nursing Development Program, having signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Ministry of Health in Timor Leste (East Timor) to improve patient outcomes by developing the capacity of nurses working at the Guido Valadares National Hospital in Dili. The team is a mix of skilled Australian and Timorese nurses.
Our nursing and pathology programs have the scope to improve health outcomes on a national level.
The Nursing Project Officer is responsible for project work involving working together with various external and internal stakeholders in realising the goals of particular Timor-Leste Nursing Development Program projects
Mission and Values
Our mission and values are vital to all that we do in Timor Leste. Our caregivers are expected to adhere to and promote these. This includes the following:
· Capacity to understand and willingness to support and promote the Mission and Values of St John of God Health Care
· Commitment to organisation’s service ethos through the provision of excellent service
· Caregivers are required to act in accordance with the standards of behaviour outlined in the SJGHC Code of Conduct document.
· Together with SJGHC Program Managers and the TL Education and Training Projects Manager develop priorities for the identified project(s).
· Establish and maintain relationships with all relevant stakeholders and engage with them in a working relationship
· Implement project plan for a flexible but time bound period that gives space for working in a cross cultural and multi-lingual environment
· Assist with the development of project resources including education and training packages, training schedules etc.
· Assist in implementing and delivering relevant project activities, such as training sessions, meetings, workshops.
· Assist in developing and implementing appropriate evaluations for the project that will measure the impact of projects as they are implemented
· Participate in project meetings with stakeholders in a culturally appropriate manner
· Actively participates in professional development opportunities
· Fluent in Tetun and English
· Health related qualification and experience, preferably in Nursing
· Ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders including the Ministry of Health in Timor-Leste (MOH), Institute National Saude (INS), and University National Timor-Leste (UNTL)
· Experience with developing and delivering education and training packages
· Project management experience and/or qualification
· Language skills in Bahasa Indonesia and/or Portuguese
· Registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
Applicants are invited to submit a CV with covering letter and three references to Entrega Ba. Applications should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is May 18th, 2015.
If you would like for further information, please contact Entrega Ba on 78613816 during working hours only (9.00am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday).