Job Description – Project Officer
Duty Station: CEPAD, Dili, Timor-Leste
Project: Stimulating Demand for Responsive Governance in Timor-Leste
Purpose: Under the supervision of CEPAD’s Executive Director, the Project Officer, will oversee the project team in delivering a media campaign across the Dili and Baucau municipalities.
Start-date: ASAP, pending final approval of the project
Duration:12 months (May 2015 – May 2016)
Remuneration: To be discussed and agreed upon with successful applicant
The Centre of Studies for Peace and Development
The Centre of Studies for Peace and Development (CEPAD) is a national NGO working across the Timor-Leste’s 13 municipalities. Through Participatory Action Research and Interactive Dialogue, CEPAD contributes to breaking the cycle of violence and creating a climate in which Timorese can feel represented and address priority issues in a non-violent and durable manner.
Increasing Demand for Responsible Governance in Timor-Leste Project
As part of CEPAD’s Corruption, Collusion and Nepotism (KKN) program, the organisation is developing a campaign to engage communities on the issues of corruption and compel them to take action demanding responsive governance in Timor-Leste. This pilot project will focus on the municipalities of Dili and Baucau, incorporating media components such as television, radio and social media. Learnings from the campaign will allow CEPAD to enhance the delivery of its KKN program and effectively engage communities on the issue of governance across Timor-Leste.
Project Officer role
Reporting to the CEPAD Executive Director, the Project Officer will work closely with the Research Team and the AV Team to ensure the timely delivery of all project activities. This includes coordinating the development of the campaign materials, overseeing logistics for focus group discussions, liaising with production companies, media (radio, TV, newspapers) and counterparts within partner organisations.
- Support Research and AV team to develop campaign messages
- Identify media outlets with highest impact in Dili and Baucau municipalities, build relationships with selected partners and oversee broadcasting agreements
- Ensure timely production and distribution of audiovisual material to selected media outlets and on CEPAD’s Facebook page
- Prepare press releases when campaign materials are being launched
- Organise regular focus group discussions to inform the campaign development and to assess the impact of the campaign
- Monitor project implementation and compile monthly reports on project activity
- Address enquiries from stakeholders including journalists and donors.
CEPAD is seeking a national individual with at least 2 years of project coordination and communications experience with a nonprofit organisation, covering digital and offline media. Selection criteria:
- Strong organisational and planning skills and the ability to meet deadlines;
- Experience developing and distributing communication materials;
- Solid understanding of governance issues and KKN in Timor-Leste, and a genuine desire to address such issues;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience with social media;
- Capacity to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Sincere commitment to working collaboratively with all project teams, including staff, donors, program participants, and other supporters;
- Ability to work independently and creatively;
- Fluency in Tetun and proficiency in English are required, Portuguese is desirable;
- Experience in facilitating meetings and focus groups is desirable;
- Experience or knowledge in program monitoring and evaluation is desirable.
To apply, please send cover letter and updated CV as soon as possible to Dalia Santos, CEPAD Research Assistant: email@example.com