EXTENSION of ADVERTISEMENT
I. JOB TITLE: Executive Assistant (4 Positions)
II. TERMS OF REFERENCE Attached
III. APPLICATION PROCEDURE
Please visit our website at www.mof.gov.tl and go to ‘Employment Opportunity’ to learn about our recruitment process and your application requirements including how to address the Selection Criteria in your application.
Applications need to be addressed to the Head of Human Resources, at email address, email@example.com, no later than 17:00 hours Timor-Leste time on 26th day of June, 2015.
Applications should include (a) a covering letter (b) a detailed resume of no more than 7 pages and (c) Response to the Selection Criteria.
All applicants must answer clearly the selection criteria, that can be found at http://www.mof.gov.tl/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/APPLICATION _PROCEDURE_MoF-Revised-80213.doc delineating how they have met the requirements. We do not expect that you would just cut and paste from your resume but rather explain concisely and succinctly how you have met these competences, possibly providing brief examples etc.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Former candidate need not to apply.
Director Genera for Corporate Services Ministry of Finance
Post Title: Executive Assistant to the Director-Generals of Ministry of Finance
Objective: The Executive Assistant to the DG will be responsible to provide adequate high level secretarial and executive assistance to the DG in ensuring the implementation of AAP under DG, by coordinating with relevant stakeholders, ensuring project reviews and report writing in a timely manner. S/he will ensure a high standard daily office management of the Office of the DG and adequate executive support at all stages of any meetings, workshops, conferences and/or negotiations that will involve the DG work.
Reporting to: Executive Assistants will be assigned to a specific Director-General.
Classification: Technical Contract Level C1
Duration: until 31st December 2015 (with possibility of further extension) based on performance and needs
Position need: 4
Location: Ministry of Finance, Dili, Timor-Leste
I. Selection Criteria
· A degree, diploma or trade certificate in Public Administration, Development Studies, International Relations, Economics, Financial Administration, Business Management or any other related field.
· At least two (2) years work experience in office management and performing program and project management and related liaison support activities. Work experience in related field with service-oriented institutions, national and/or international NGO, would be an advantage.
· Familiarity with systems and procedures observed by the Government would be an advantage.
· Ability to write and produce simple but comprehensible activity reports.
· Basic Portuguese and English language proficiency will be an advantage.
· Computer literate including familiarity on the use of MS Office Suit (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher).
· Knowledge and familiarity of basic office decorum.
· Ability to organize and follow procedures and systems.
· Strong initiative and motivation to achieve desired results.
· Willingness to work cordially with other staff, both national and international, working within the DGs.
· Familiarity on the use and operation of other office equipment among some, photocopy machine, fax, etc.
· Willingness to work for extra hours, as will be required by the DGs.
· Ability to work and adjust in a constant changing work-environment.
1 Ministry Guideline 02/2012 IVGC/MF of February 3, 2012
H. Scope of Work
RESPONSIBILITY PERFORMANCE INDICATOR
• Assist the Director-General in the implementation of the activities of the Office of the Director-General as outlined it is annual action plan;
• Activities at the DG’s Office implemented accordingly to AAP in a timely manner.
• Assist the Director-General in coordinating with the National Directors and all its relevant advisors to regularly monitoring and assess the activities of the Director-General (DG);
• Review progress reports on Activities under DG
• Ensure that vital assistance required by the Director-General and his/her Office are addressed in a timely and judicious manner;
• Secretarial support to DG;
• Up-to-date daily agenda and activities under DG responsibility
• Assist the Director-General in preparing essential documentations needed in support of any meetings, workshop, conferences and/or negotiations work that will involve the DG;
• All documentation pertaining meetings and events from DG is available, this includes invitations, collecting documentation from participants, distributing materials and taking minutes during meetings.
• As will be required, provide representation support to the Director-General during official functions of the Ministry, on behalf of the Director-General;
• On-going support as requested.
• Assist the Director-General in preparing for the regular coordination meetings with the different units within the DG including its attendance during meetings of the Consultative Council for Financial Management (CCFM) and other similar gatherings that will require the participation of the DG;
• Up-to-date agenda for main events under DG responsibility;
I• Initiated preparation and implementation of events under DG
• In coordination with relevant units within the DG, assist the Director-General in the formulation of its Annual Action Plan including its implementation and regular reporting, as required by the Ministry of Finance; and,
• Reports completed within the requested timeframes and ready for further action;
• Perform such other functions as may be required by the DG-MoF.
• On-going support as needed.
The performance of the Executive Assistant will be assessed by each of Director General, using the Performance Appraisal System put in place and carried out by the Directorate General, Ministry of Finance.
There will be a probation period of three months.