MARITIME BOUNDARY COUNCIL: VACANCY
Position: Executive Assistant to Chief Executive Officer, Maritime Boundary Office
Start Date: 1 July 2015
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Duration: 7-month contract (with the possibility of extension or progression)
Deadline: Applications will be received until a suitable candidate is found
The Maritime Boundary Council is the central entity responsible for coordinating, driving and providing the institutional capacity to achieve final delimitation of Timor-Leste’s maritime boundaries, which is a national priority.
The Maritime Boundary Council is a public institute vested with fiscal and administrative autonomy that reports directly to the Prime Minister.
The Maritime Boundary Council is currently recruiting for the role of Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer of the Maritime Boundary Office.
The Maritime Boundary Office is the sub-organ responsible for the executive management and functioning of the Maritime Boundary Council. The Chief Executive Officer is responsible for managing the Maritime Boundary Office.
The Executive Assistant will support the Chief Executive Officer across all of his or her functions. In order to do so, the Executive Assistant must have sound judgment, excellent organisational skills, and the ability to exercise discretion at all times.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with an attractive salary package, options for career development and extensive training, mentoring and support.
- Providing executive support to the Chief Executive Officer, including:
- Maintaining the Chief Executive Officer’s calendar and scheduling appointments.
- Drafting routine correspondence for the Chief Executive Officer as directed.
- Taking accurate minutes of meetings, which may be conducted in Portuguese, English or Tetun, or any combination of all three languages.
- Liaising with and effectively communicating messages to Directors, advisers and other staff members for the Chief Executive Officer.
- Filing documents in accordance with applicable systems, rules and procedures.
- Receiving and interacting with incoming visitors.
- Providing any other logistical or administrative support required by the Chief Executive Officer, such as arranging travel arrangements, transport and meetings.
- Assisting with general office support as required, including:
- Screening and logging incoming correspondence and directing to appropriate staff.
- Screening telephone calls and enquiries, and referring to appropriate staff if required.
- Assisting with general administrative tasks such as photocopying, filing and preparing materials.
- Providing general translation and interpretation assistance.
- Any other tasks as directed by the Chief Executive Officer.
Essential: Tertiary qualification; 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role; basic proficiency in spoken and written Portuguese and English; ability to exercise discretion and sound judgement at all times; excellent organisational skills; ability to work well in a team; enthusiasm for professional development and learning.
Desirable: Diploma or degree in Administration; Business or other relevant discipline; 3-4 years’ experience in a similar role; experience working for Government; high-level proficiency in Portuguese, English and Tetum; strong attention to detail; ability to work under pressure and to deadlines; ability to take initiative; willingness to work outside of office hours if required.
To apply, please send CV (up to 3 pages) and Covering Letter to:
Maritime Boundary Council
Diplomatic Training Centre
Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Cooperation
Praia dos Coqueiros
or by email with subject line “Application – Executive Assistant” to: email@example.com