I. JOB TITLE: Infrastructure Officer Loans
II. TERMS OF REFERENCE Attached
III. APPLICATION PROCEDURE
Please visit our website at www.mof.gov.tl and go to ‘Employment Opportunity’ to learn about our recruitment process and your application requirements including how to address the Selection Criteria in your application.
Applications need to be addressed to the Head of Human Resources, at email address, email@example.com , no later than 17:00 hours Timor-Leste time on Monday, 6th July 2015.
Applications should include (a) a covering letter (b) a detailed resume of no more than 7 pages and (c) Response to the Selection Criteria.
All applicants must answer clearly the selection criteria, that can be found at http://www.mof.gov.tl/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/APPLICATION_PROCEDURE_MoF-Revised-80213.doc delineating how they have met the requirements. We do not expect that you would just cut and paste from your resume but rather explain concisely and succinctly how you have met these competences, possibly providing brief examples etc.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Acting Director General for Corporate Services
Ministry of Finance
Ministério das Finanças
Position: Infrastructure Project Officer (National)
Objective: Assist the External Loan and Public Private Partnership (PPP) Unit with project appraisals, pre-feasibility studies, feasibility studies, procurement and implementation of projects to be funded under External Loan arrangements.
Reporting to: Interim Coordinator of External Loan and PPP Unit
Classification: A3 – Specialized Professional
Duration: 24 months contract, with possibility of extension (based on performance assessment)
Location: Ministry of Finance, Díli – Timor Leste
I. Selection Criteria
· First degree or Postgraduate (preferred) in civil engineering, structural engineering or related disciplines with strong skills and experience in one or more of these areas of expertise;
· A minimum of 2 years experience as specialist or professional in the area;
· Knowledge of national and international standards for planning, design, construction standards;
· Good knowledge of a recognized system of international procurement e.g. FIDIC;
· Fluent in Tetum with excellent English skills. Knowledge of Portuguese is an advantage;
· Excellent computer skills;
· Willingness to work in a multicultural environment and with people with different backgrounds and experience.
The Government of Timor-Leste (GoTL) is committed to exploring alternative ways and means to attract the private sector, benefiting from its experience and capacity, and financing through external loans offered by development partners.
One of the arrangements planned for the funding and development of infrastructure is through external loans.
In accordance with the plan mentioned above, the Government of Timor-Leste has established the External Loan and PPP Unit which is be responsible for managing the external loans. The unit is now operating under the direct administration of the Ministry of Finance, in conformity with the MoF Organic Law.
III. Scope of Work
1. Assist in overseeing the implementation of major project works’ contracts funded under External Loans arrangements in cooperation with the relevant Government agencies and Ministries
· Implementation of contracts meets standards for due diligence
· Variances are identified and brought to attention of responsible officer
2. Participate in the preparation of External Loans that are under business case discussion, and provide technical input or support as required;
· Technical inputs are specific and relevant, accurate and reliable, delivered to agreed time standards.
3. Participate in both preliminary and comprehensive project appraisals and assessments of major projects including technical and financial feasibility, economic and financial evaluation, environmental, social and cultural impacts and sustainability for major projects that may be funded under External Loans;
· Inputs to appraisals are specific and relevant, accurate and reliable, delivered to agreed time standards.
4. Assist Line Ministries evaluate major projects and prepare and/or review TORs and Bid Specifications for major projects that may be funded under External Loans;
· Evaluations take account of all relevant factors
· ToRs and Bid Specifications are according to RDTL standards and guidelines
5. Collaborate closely with stakeholders through project working groups, meetings and overseeing committees to ensure full local ownership and participation by relevant stakeholders in project planning, procurement and implementation process;
· Effective inputs to collaborative processes (specific, accurate, relevant, timely)
· Stakeholders are actively involved in all stages of procurement and implementation of projects
· Stakeholder satisfaction with collaboration
6. Collaborate with relevant Line Ministries to review technical studies, concept designs and detailed designs including feasibility and preliminary studies, topography and geotechnical surveys, engineering designs, drawings, detailed cost estimations, BoQs, contracting and budget plans of on-going and new major projects funded or that may be funded under External Loans.
· Line ministries are fully conversant with all technical implications of a project
· Reviews are timely and accurate
· Line Ministry satisfaction with collaboration
7. Assist External Loan and PPP Unit review bid documents or project documents from relevant Line Ministries for submission to National Development Agency (ADN) for final review and tender for projects to be funded under External Loans;
· Number of inputs to reviews
· Inputs are relevant, accurate, reliable, timely
· Reviews meet External Loan and PPP Unit and agreed international standards of diligence and probity
8. Prepare monthly activity reports and assist External Loan and PPP Unit prepare quarterly progress and annual reports, project appraisal reports, and other relevant reports to MoF and CAFI;
· Reports are accurate, reliable and presented on time
9. Advise on institutional mechanisms for the implementation of projects;
· Advice is technically sound and relevant to the Timorese context
10. Perform other related duties as required.
· Responsiveness to other requests
IV. Key Deliverables
In accordance with the performance indicator listed above and:
· Within 4 weeks, develop an Assignment Work Plan that is consistent with relevant activities and performance indicators of the Ministry’s five year plan and Unit KPIs
· Prepare Quarterly progress report against the agreed Work Plan to the Interim Coordinator of External Loan and PPP Unit
· Provide an End of Assignment report to the Interim Coordinator of External Loan and PPP Unit no later than 10 working days prior to the end of contract
V. Performance Evaluation
The performance will be assessed by the Interim Coordinator of External Loan and PPP Unit, using the Performance Appraisal System put in place and carried out by the Directorate General for Corporate Services, Ministry of Finance. This process will include a probation review within three (3) months of the commencement of the contract, regular reporting, ongoing workplace communications and annual performance appraisal. Performance indicators are in place for all areas within the Ministry, and the incumbent’s work will be contributing to the achievement of the priorities as set out in their TOR and in the Ministry’s Five Year Plan