ChildFund Timor Leste, Non-Governmental, child development International organization, has been working in Timor Leste for over 20 years. ChildFund is looking for dynamic, motivated, committed and experienced persons to fill open position in the organization.
Salary: A competitive salary based on qualification and experience; friendly work environment, team work and opportunity to grow. Good opportunity to learn community development programming
Position: Project Officer – Gifts in Kind ((GIK) (1) Based Dili
Report to: Finance and Administration Manager, with links to Community Development
Summary of the position
The Project Officer Gifts in Kind (GIK) is responsible for overall management of ChildFund Timor-Leste s GIK projects (such as TOMS shoes and football). Key tasks include procurement, coordination, distribution, monitoring, and reporting, with communication lines with staff of National and Area Program Offices, and Local Partners.
- With support from Finance and Administration Manager, and Community Development Specialist, develops and implements operational plan for Gifts in Kind (GIK) management
- Coordinates with Community Development Specialist and Area Program Officers to understand project needs, and recommends solutions for distribution of GIK items
- Works closely with Administration Officer, and Logistics Officer, to manage the procurement system, or transfer of GIK items from container to warehouse and onto area program offices
- Assists Administration Officer in documentation required by Port of Dili to organize tax-free arrival of GIK items and approval to deliver these
- Establishes and maintains database of GIK items, and implements operational plan to distribute these to Local Partners
- Responsible for maintenance of GIK items in storage room, and ensures that these are kept in an orderly system
- Assists the Administration Officer, and Logistics Officer, in asset and stock control to support the 6 program areas
- Oversees the documentation and distribution process of GIK items by the Local Partners to the communities, and that this is aligned with ChildFund International s GIK standards
- Conducts monitoring visits to Local Partners on GIK distribution process
- Prepares monthly reports of received and distributed GIK items, and with support from M&E Officer, narrative reports and case studies about GIK s impact to children, families, and communities
- Undertakes other duties and responsibilities as specified by the supervisor, Program Director, or National Director
Qualifications & Experience
At least two years work experience in logistics and administration, and database management
Preferably with experience in community development and working with implementing partners
Demonstrated skills in database management, communications, reporting, and project coordination
Highly fluent in Tetun and English
Demonstrated computer skills (Word, Excel, PPT, etc.)
Effective interpersonal skills, including ability to work as part of a national and international team
Highly motivated, and eager to gain further skills
University degree, preferably in Public Administration, Computer Science, or equivalent relevant work experience; Microsoft certification desirable
Method of Application
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter describing their suitability following the above required qualifications and experiences in English. The candidate should include a recent CV and names of three traceable referees with their contact details. All applications should be addressed to HR Officer, ChildFund Timor-Leste, Rua Lacerda de Maia, Vila Verde, Dili or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All application must be received by ChildFund not later than 10th July 2015 only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.