Job title: Senior Program Coordinator
Duty station: Dili, Timor-Leste
The Centre of Studies for Peace and Development (CEPAD) is an independent national non-government organization constituted as an association under Timorese law, funded in 2007 and formally registered on 14 April 2009 (Registration number: 09/DNRN-MJ/IV/2009).
Since its inception in 2007, CEPAD in partnership with Interpeace, an international peacebuilding organization, launched the Programme of Research and Dialogue for Peace (PRDP). The overall goal of the PRDP is to help break the cycle of violence and create a climate in which the people of Timor-Leste can identify and address priority issues in a non-violent and durable manner. CEPAD’s vision is that of a Timor-Leste free from conflict and guided in its process of national development by three fundamental principles: transparency, integrity and accountability.
CEPAD’s team is diverse and broadly reflects all major segments of Timorese society. It is headed by a Director who is supported by an Administrative and Finance staff, a Head of Research and a multi-disciplinary research and audio-visual team.
About the position
The Senior Program Coordinator will work closely with and report to CEPAD’s Executive Director. They will support the Director’s general efforts in managing ongoing programs, budgets and funding as well as ensuring a strong collaborative and horizontal approach within the team. On occasions, the Senior Program Coordinator will be asked to step-in for the Executive Director. This position is open to national applicants only.
Specific roles and responsibilities:
- Oversee all aspects of the organization’s project planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting;
- Be responsible for the planning and implementation of the organization’s programs;
- Oversee the recruitment of project participants;
- Secure collaboration and partnerships with relevant institutions;
- Be responsible for the organization’s correspondence with partners and ensure timely feedback;
- Oversee all aspects of the programs’ monitoring and evaluation;
- Coordinate periodic reports for funders;
- Provide technical assistance to CEPAD’s staff, consultants and volunteers on grant writing as well as program planning, monitoring, and evaluation as well as reporting;
- Ensure a productive management of staff and material resources for the organization;
- Support the Director in managing donor relations;
- Overall day to day management and professional representation of the organization.
Excellent command of both written and spoken Tetun and English is essential.
- Relevant professional or academic training in political science, social sciences, law or other related fields.
- A research background will be highly appreciated.
- At least 5 years experience in the development and implementation of programs, having previously occupied a leading position managing staff and/or projects.
- Substantial field experience, ideally in the Timorese context.
- Substantial experience working with international donors.
- Proven ability to perform under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal and inter-cultural communication skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, including abilities to:
- Recognize and navigate inter-cultural communication challenges;
- Persuade people with varying points of view;
- Convey difficult issues and positions to senior officials;
- Prepare written reports and orally convey information in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Strong commitment to supporting local peacebuilding initiatives and to the values and working principles of CEPAD.
How to apply
Qualified candidates may submit their application, including a letter of interest and curriculum vitae to the Administrative Officer at:email@example.com. Please indicate “Application for Senior Program Coordinator” in the subject line. Applications will be received until qualified candidates have been identified and the position has been filled.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.